You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

feature request Copy pointer coordinates to clipboard

Dawid Reszel

Dawid Reszel
Posted
Posted

Hi,

a minor feature request that may aid facility engineers while working on the profiles.

Would it be possible to add a dev key command to copy coordines of a point pointed in space to clipboard in ISO 6709 format?

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Yes, that should be fairly easy to add. In the meantime the GRIB window (F12 by default) will show the cursor coordinates.

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted
On 10/30/2020 at 2:02 AM, David Reszel 984547 said:

Hi,

a minor feature request that may aid facility engineers while working on the profiles.

Would it be possible to add a dev key command to copy coordines of a point pointed in space to clipboard in ISO 6709 format?

That would definitely be useful. Right now I'm using VRC to do it and manually mass converting it to ISO format

Dawid Reszel
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Dominic Nguyen said:

That would definitely be useful. Right now I'm using VRC to do it and manually mass converting it to ISO format

I'm running a Matlab script that converts coordinates from ESRI Shapefiles into ISO strings 😄

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

You can now display a lat lon point at the cursor position using the "Add LatLon" keyboard command (defaults to F10). Right click the text label to copy to clipboard in ISO format

image.png.ded6cbd080356a47ff23c2b6393d2ca4.png

• Like 1

Jake

Developer - vatSys

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

What an ingenious way to do this. It actively displays where it is so you can keep track where you are along capturing points. It works well for my situation, granted I already did most of the complex stuff (each crisscrossing airway in Anchorage's airspace). Kinda wish I knew about this and delayed my work..

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

It’s actually a feature of the real system too (except for the copy bit) 

Jake

Developer - vatSys