You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Somthing wrong with my p0 test?

Michael Maurer

Michael Maurer
Posted
Posted

Hi,
i just did my p0 test and stunbeld upon the following question

Question #10 Where, on the myVATSIM website (vatsim.net), are the rules and regulations published?

- Members -> Membership Department

- VATSIM Forums

- CERT

- Resources -> Documents & Resources

I checked the wrong one i think, because the result says the last one should be the right one, but i cant find any rules or regulations under Recources->Documents & Resources

Only 'Charts', 'Who's Online', 'Flight Planing', 'Training', 'Free Model Matching'.

Did i miss something? Or is something moved and the test isn't rpresenting the change?

Greetings
Michael

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Hmm. You are correct that they don't appear where the test correct answer says. They can be found under vatsim.net/documents. Which isn't in the list of answers... No doubt an apology/excuse will appear here at some point.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Ethan Hawes
Posted
Posted

Hey Michael, 

We're in the process of having some items being move around on the website. The correct answer is on the VATSIM.net website under Documents -> Policies. I've updated the question to include this answer and any other associated items in the orientation. Thanks for bringing the discrepancy up!

On 11/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, Alistair Thomson said:

Hmm. You are correct that they don't appear where the test correct answer says. They can be found under vatsim.net/documents. Which isn't in the list of answers... No doubt an apology/excuse will appear here at some point.

Alistair, that was a pretty stupid comment for someone who I have not seen volunteer to help out in my department. I'm sorry for the discrepancy, but there are a lot of moving parts and may I remind you this is a volunteer network. We've fixed the issue and moved on. I'm disappointed and expected better from someone who has been on the network with a CID such as yours. 

ETHAN HAWES 
Pilot Training Department
##  [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Ethan, my comment was indeed too robust, and I apologise.

I don't think my comment was stupid, however. I believe that a great deal of care must be taken in setting questions. Many folks who are not formally trained in education believe that setting exam questions is easy. It absolutely is not. For example, the question in question :) is an illustration of how important it is to not just set questions, but also to maintain them (particularly when the answer is in the form of a web link), and this involves some rigour.

I have sent you an email correcting your assertion that I have not contributed to the work of the PTD.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.