You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CTD with vPilot

William Gold

William Gold
Posted
Posted

Every flight I do in MSFS on VATSIM, I always end up having a CTD at some point in the flight. Up until now, it has been within the first few minutes. I was just doing a flight from EGCC to EGKK and it crashed midway through the flight. I believe vPilot is the cause of this because I am able to do flights on MSFS whilst not connected to vPilot with no CTDs. It's getting quite annoying now, so if anyone has any ideas or help, it would be greatly appreciated! 

William Gold
Posted
Posted

I think it's getting worse... I started up MSFS and loaded into an airport, as soon as I opened vPilot AND ran it as an Administrator, the sim crashed. 

Quinten Bowman
Posted
Posted

Similar issue. Unfortunately, I'm new. I've had exactly 2 flights, and 2 CTDs roughly 10 minutes into them. Are others having similar issues? Does anyone have an idea whether the problem is with vPilot, MSFS 2020, or elsewhere?

If technical details would provide assistance, I'm running latest Windows 10, MSFS 2020 (with all the data bells and whistles in case there's a conflict there), on a machine that can handle it: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER, 64 Gb RAM, a couple Tb of platters, w/ MSFS stored on a 1 Tb SSD.

I'm usually running LittleNavMap, the Simbrief downloader, Gees (measures forces on landing), with a couple Chrome tabs in the background (mostly monitoring VatSim).

William Gold
Posted
Posted

I removed the model matching I am using and it seemed to fix it, however I shouldn't have to do this so any help would be appreciated. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, William Gold said:

I removed the model matching I am using and it seemed to fix it, however I shouldn't have to do this so any help would be appreciated. 

If there's something wrong with the models you're using, then I think you'll need to reach out to the model developers. There's nothing vPilot can do to fix an issue with a model.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC