You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Possible to use JF Traffic Global for aircraft models?

Shane Leinster

Shane Leinster
Posted
Posted

Hi there - I've searched the web and forums and can't seem to find an answer to this. I installed xPilot which makes me install Bluebell models, and I'd love to use my JustFlight Traffic Global models instead. 

Appreciate any ideas or response. 

Thanks,

Len

• 4 months later...
Michael Collins
Posted
Posted

Hi Len,

I have  the same question about model matching Traffic Global aircraft with VPilot and P3D v4.5.  I have been around the web but can't seem to find an answer- not even on JustFlight's website.  Would love to try the program, but not if it won't work with V-Pilot/Vatsim.

Any out there who has an answer... ?

Michael

• 4 weeks later...
Thiago Braga
Posted
Posted

Same here for P3D v5.1. Looking to find a model matching for vpilot.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Thiago Braga said:

Same here for P3D v5.1. Looking to find a model matching for vpilot.

alpha-india.net

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Thiago Braga
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

Thanks Mats;

But I already paid for JF TrafficGlobal and not looking for any freeware. There is a way. I just need to get the model matching file.

Best Regards,

TB

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

To my knowledge that is not possible, sorry..

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Thiago Braga said:

But I already paid for JF TrafficGlobal and not looking for any freeware. There is a way. I just need to get the model matching file.

Some of the JFTG models may be identified by vPilot automatically. Have you installed it? If so, go into the advanced model matching settings in vPilot and it'll show you how many of the models are identified.

If there are many models that are not identified, you can create your own VMR file to tell vPilot how to identify them.

"Identified" means that vPilot was able to determine, by scanning the model's aircraft.cfg file, which aircraft type code and airline code each model represents.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Thiago Braga
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Some of the JFTG models may be identified by vPilot automatically. Have you installed it? If so, go into the advanced model matching settings in vPilot and it'll show you how many of the models are identified.

If there are many models that are not identified, you can create your own VMR file to tell vPilot how to identify them.

"Identified" means that vPilot was able to determine, by scanning the model's aircraft.cfg file, which aircraft type code and airline code each model represents.

Yes;

It shows there. So, that`s all right?! I thought JFTG need to have some kind of VMR file. I just don`t know how to work with VMR file.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

As I said before, it depends on if the models are marked as "identified" or not. Any model that is identified will be used for model matching. Any models that are not identified will not be used for model matching unless you supply a VMR file that tells vPilot how to use the model for model matching. VMR file syntax is described in the vPilot documentation.

• Thanks 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I just installed JFTG, and vPilot identified 971 of the 1,057 models that are included in the package. So that's pretty good. I'll take a look and see if I can get it to automatically identify the remainder.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I just looked through the JFTG models that were not identified, and it looks like most of them are unpainted liveries (like paintkit liveries) or they are just generic white paints. So they wouldn't be useful for model matching anyway.

So, in short, you're all set ... just install JFTG and vPilot will use it automatically.

Thiago Braga
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

I just looked through the JFTG models that were not identified, and it looks like most of them are unpainted liveries (like paintkit liveries) or they are just generic white paints. So they wouldn't be useful for model matching anyway.

So, in short, you're all set ... just install JFTG and vPilot will use it automatically.

Much Appreciate. One thing is that we have so many VA that would be impossible for a model match.

But it is ok.

Best Regards,

TB

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Thiago Braga said:

Much Appreciate. One thing is that we have so many VA that would be impossible for a model match.

If you're talking about fictional VAs, then there's not much that can be done about that. They can make custom models and share them with others, but generally it's only their members that will take the time to load their models and the necessary VMR file(s).

If you're talking about VAs that simulate real-world airlines, then JFTG will work fine.

Thiago Braga
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

If you're talking about fictional VAs, then there's not much that can be done about that. They can make custom models and share them with others, but generally it's only their members that will take the time to load their models and the necessary VMR file(s).

If you're talking about VAs that simulate real-world airlines, then JFTG will work fine.

Yeah, I know! But also people have to make the right aircraft model assign in Vpilot, XPilot and others, to pickup the right AI Aircraft in the sim.

Thanks

TB

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Thiago Braga said:

Yeah, I know! But also people have to make the right aircraft model assign in Vpilot, XPilot and others, to pickup the right AI Aircraft in the sim.

Do you mean they need to choose the right aircraft type code when connecting? Then yes, that's obviously very important, no matter what. The actual model that the user is flying in the sim is irrelevant, though.