Transpoder doesn't work sending the status (mode C) - Flight Simulator

Flying with the new Pipistrel Virus with Vpilot the transpoder doesn't work sending the status (mode C).
The squawk code is sent correctly but the status not. Only StandBy alltime. Mode C is inoperative (ON & ALT modes don't work)

If I check auto Mode C with takeoff without problem but If I want do it manually I can't do it except using GUI Vpilot button. The correct would be from transponder into the cockpit.

Any workaround ?

Future patch ?

Regards!!!

Edited by Rafael Santos
  • Board of Governors

Right now MSFS does not have the correct functionality built in to set transponder status in aircraft. That is on Asobo to fix.

Matt Bartels
VP: Marketing & Communication
## vpmkt (at) vatsim.net
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

On 12/15/2020 at 6:35 AM, Matthew Bartels said:

Right now MSFS does not have the correct functionality built in to set transponder status in aircraft. That is on Asobo to fix.

Not true. IVAO's Altitude for MSFS2020 pilot client does have fully working transponder (SBY and MODE C) between pilot client and MSFS planes cockpit's transponder buttons. Funny though VATSIM is the "official" partner with MSFS, but IVAO made better working pilot client.

Edited by Teemu Pienimaki 828685
On 12/22/2020 at 4:46 PM, Teemu Pienimaki 828685 said:

Not true. IVAO's Altitude for MSFS2020 pilot client does have fully working transponder (SBY and MODE C) between pilot client and MSFS planes cockpit's transponder buttons. Funny though VATSIM is the "official" partner with MSFS, but IVAO made better working pilot client.

Can confirm that. I tried it myself and client was changing the mode when it was changed in the cockpit with the default Cessna 172 non G1000.

Edited by Jan Kleineher

Cheers Jan

958528.png

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Teemu Pienimaki 828685 said:

Meanwhile, for vPilot it would be nice option to add "transponder toggle" (between SBY and MODE C) to a keyboard key (or a joystick button) just like it's possible with PTT. So please devs, add this feature for the next release! Would make the experience much better with FS2020.

You can do that already with FSUIPC.

Cheers Jan

958528.png