Flight plan filed before connecting, or after?!

I'm just trying to get vPilot set up for FS2020 and I'm having trouble getting connected. It says it needs a flight plan "loaded" before it will connect me to the sim, but I read that I cannot load a flight plan until I'm connected. I seem to be stuck.

vpilot.jpg

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png

• Board of Governors

I think you may be confusing flight plan with flight. Make sure that the simulator is fully loaded and you are at the gate before you connect. Not at any of the menus.

• Like 1
Matt Bartels
VP: Marketing & Communication
## vpmkt (at) vatsim.net
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

It says you have to have a "flight" loaded... that is a little misleading as you don't really "load" a flight into the flight sim. What it means is that you have started the flight and are at the gate.

Just a small reminder... once you have connected, don't forget to take a peek outside the aircraft to make sure you haven't spawned on top of another aircraft already at the gate. If you have, just disconnect and move to another gate either by slew or relocate via the sim menu to start a new flight.

Hope that helps 🙂 

• Like 1