You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tower for FS

Travis Faudree 821145

Travis Faudree 821145
Posted
Posted

Has anyone considered creating a simple object such as a dot, box or even flat plane for use as the VRC tower aircraft in FS? It should be created with no panel or sounds, and only the minimum required entries in the .air file and aircraft.cfg so that it is selectable in the FS aircraft menu.

Just an idea.

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

I think it'd be a great idea to have some QUIET background noise. Like whispered chatters..maybe a keyboard typing or a printer printing. I must say that when I experienced the sound of rain falling on the top of my "towering cessna," it was the first time that I actually felt like I was standing inside rather than hovering several hundred feet above the ground.

216.png

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

for Tower view on VRC, I don't have any sound, I haven't tested it full apart from knowing that it connects and shows what I see on the VRC scope. I downloaded ATC Tower from flightsim.com and then loaded that up instead of using an aircraft and changing the .cfg file.

The only problem is I needed to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a "slew" key (I disabled it as it began to get annoying accidentally pressing it) and then slew to where the control tower is, I can still look around using the num but I dont hear any sound, I guess I mustn't have the sound loud enough or not close enough to the departing traffic. it could be sound proof gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Greg Calderin 969557
Posted
Posted

on avsim. search "FS2004 Mobile Control Tower" . the only tower that i know of.

5453.png

• 3 weeks later...
Michael Smith
Posted
Posted

i was thinking about getting that, I am not a ATC but sometimes I like to see the action on the field. can I connect to the network while in the tower view?

michael

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

i was thinking about getting that, I am not a ATC but sometimes I like to see the action on the field. can I connect to the network while in the tower view?

michael

yep you can load up VRC and log on as an OBS (observer), works quite well. I've only used Tower view as an observer, haven;t quite tested controlling in the tower view yet.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net