You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Noticed massive Frame drop with VPILOT and FLAI in P3DV5

Sertac Ayikbaba

Sertac Ayikbaba
Posted
Posted

HEy Fellow Pilots,

tonight i was flying to EDDM with a "normal" amount of Aircrafts. Around 25 Departures and alot of Aircrafts in the surrounding on Arrival. I have, almost in every Scenario, steady Frames arround 30 sometimes dropping to 19 - 27, which gives me a smooth Performance with Freesync and capped 30 Frames. But tonight on final Approach to EDDM the drop was significant to about 4-8 Frames which gives me a stutter and my FSLABS A320 was crippled and lost the LOC. I tould the controller that i have to disconnect.

Here is the strange Observation.

As soon as i hit the disconnect button things went normal, i had 22-29 frames and was able to land the Plane. That is something i've never experienced before in past Versions of P3D using Vpilot and FLAI since the performance with this AI is outstanding. I know EDDM from Simwings is a heavy airport and tonight we had quiet a lot of Traffic. But like i said i never experienced this Issue before in no Case. Even on an ATLANTA LIVE Event with 78 departures and 134 arrivals in the middle of the holding or something.

do you have any Information, Observation, or other fellow Pilot Reportings ??

Thanks to All and a happy new Year .

Cheers and Greetings from Munich, Germany

Sertac Ayikbaba

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Do you have your payware add-on aircraft included in your AI model set somehow?  Check your Model Matching rules in vPilot and make sure only the generic aircraft models are being used.  You don't need vPilot trying to replicate your FSLabs plane and all of its cockpit knobs, switches, dials, lights, and internal systems 30 times because there are 30 A320s nearby. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Sertac Ayikbaba
Posted
Posted

thanks Robert for the response. I will give it a try . will report the result asap.

cheers