You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Changing Frequencies in MSFS 2020

claus jensen

claus jensen
Posted
Posted (edited)

I  am new to vPilot and have installed and configured the App.

My "test" flight was from EDDH to EKCH and I loaded the flight plan successfully. Once airborne I connected and checked the list of controllers/clearance/towers etc. in range.

When simply clicking (selecting) any frequencies I was not able to switch to that frequency without going back to the screen in MSFS that enables a frequency. And while having to do that bit of screen changing etc. it is easy to lose control of the aircraft since I no longer could focus on the main screen.

The User guide states something to the effect that it is EASY to change the frequencies in the aircraft's radio, but that is certainly not true in the case of the FBW A320 Neo which is the aircraft I usually fly. Is there any workaround to make this easier?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by claus jensen
update info

X-Plane 10 / x737-800 / pilot with Alaska Airlines Virtual / VATSIM Call sign: ASA4357 /

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, claus jensen said:

When simply clicking (selecting) any frequencies I was not able to switch to that frequency without going back to the screen in MSFS that enables a frequency. And while having to do that bit of screen changing etc. it is easy to lose control of the aircraft since I no longer could focus on the main screen.

Not sure I fully follow. Are you trying to use dot commands to tune to said freq in your pilot client? Or are you trying to tune the radios in your aircraft?

11 hours ago, claus jensen said:

that is certainly not true in the case of the FBW A320 Neo which is the aircraft I usually fly. Is there any workaround to make this easier?

I haven’t had an issue with the FBW mod myself. Just tune the freq in your standby Com1 and then switch it to the active freq. If there’s a bug with the FBW mod I believe the place to report it to them is on their GitHub. 

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

James Ptak
Posted
Posted

Which plane?

I usually fly the smaller GA aircraft (mostly the Baron lately).  I also fly exclusively in VR, in FS2020.  I opted to stop flying VATSIM until I managed to get another controller wired in.  Then I mapped buttons for COM1 controls - frequency up/down and swap.  Otherwise, like you, I was fumbling withe mouse trying to dial in the next frequency on the radio and meanwhile my plane wandered WAY off course.

If you're flying the bigger jets where the radio tuning is not right in front of you (where you can at least see the artificial horizon gauge) as you're fiddling - then maybe you should map radio buttons to your joystick.