You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPILOTs locks P3dv4.5

Christopher Maddox

Christopher Maddox
Posted
Posted

Ive been flying online with vpilot for as long as its been out with no issues. However, I tried to connect tonight and when I do, my sim stops functioning. I connect ok, I can see the controllers online, but I have no sound from either vpilot and my plane sound stops. Also I can no longer click anything my cockpit no matter what plane I use. Any thoughts? I have no issues what so ever when I do not connect to vpilot.

Christopher Maddox
Posted
Posted

FYI, this seems to be exclusive to the latest VPILOT release. I re-installed version 2.5.1 (only old version I had) and its working fine. Only when I reinstall 2.6.10 does it lock up

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Since you're the only person reporting this, and thousands of users are using the latest version with P3D, I can't be sure, but I have to assume that something in your system is interfering with vPilot and communication with P3D. The fact that it doesn't happen with an older version suggests that it is something like anti-virus software that is affecting only a specific exe file. That's my best guess at this point.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC