You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flai model matching

Jeyhan Osman

Jeyhan Osman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I have used Flai for many years with no problems at all however it says on their website that it is going to be discontinued and the download link is not available anymore.

Please could someone direct me to an alternative model matching source for Prepar3d v4.5 and vPilot, if there is any?

Kind regards

Edited by Jeyhan Osman

Brian Salmeron
Posted
Posted

Why can't you continue to use the FLai package you have installed? It won't be updated but there is nothing wrong with it as it is.

Airbus-eadscompany-1.jpg

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

In fairness to VATSIM, I should say that the network was not given a heads' up about this. I expect they will have something official to say in the next little while. Please give them some time to respond. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Jeyhan Osman
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your replies.

My computer had a windows update issue which then I reinstalled windows and discovered as I was installing the sim software that the flai download was offline.

Ryan Parry
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jeyhan Osman said:

Hi everyone,

I have used Flai for many years with no problems at all however it has just been unfortunately announced that it is going to be discontinued.

Please could someone direct me to an alternative model matching source for Prepar3d v4.5 and vPilot, if there is any?

Kind regards

You can still use FLAi if you have it, there simply won't be anymore updates and it can't be re-downloaded. It should be suitable until a replacement from somebody else comes about. 

• Like 1

Ryan Parry - 965346

spacer.png

www.pilotcentral.org | www.oakartcc.org

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Hopefully, given that this is just the repaints that are affected and not the models, VATSIM will reach out to the VAs for their support in provided replacement paints and put together a long-needed package of their own.

Trevor Hannant

Daniel Costa
Posted
Posted

Okay, with FLAI gone is there any other options?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You're asking just hours after a bomb was dropped on the community.  So the only thing I can say is Google is your friend.  With Google, I found that for about $45 US, you can purchase UT2 Live.  http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utlive

You'll have to figure out if that's right for you.  Otherwise, you can do like the other 77,000 of us that used FLAI and hang tight to see what comes next.  If you can still use it, you can still use it.  If not, you'll have to research and compare your alternatives to see what's best for you.

Mere hours after a bomb drop like that on a volunteer community, there are not easy, clear answers....

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted

Best way to start this 2021....without doubt a big problem for the entire community. Luckly for me I have also Mytraffic6 for P3D v3, bot for the other users? This will be a great trouble. Currently there aren't freeware alternatives, for what I know.

Sometimes things get complicated. ATC on VATSIM as Milano Radar (LIMM_N_CTR) Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/italianalien21

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

So, the only other thing I'll say is that yes, things are pretty new and raw right now, and I'm sure there will be much more substantial communications to come, but just as a quick note for everyone's awareness, please know that the Board of Governors is currently in a full court press looking at multiple alternatives to ensure the best possible outcome for our community as quickly as possible. 

• Like 2

Don Desfosse

Jeyhan Osman
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the information.

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted
On 1/10/2021 at 10:47 AM, Don Desfosse said:

So, the only other thing I'll say is that yes, things are pretty new and raw right now, and I'm sure there will be much more substantial communications to come, but just as a quick note for everyone's awareness, please know that the Board of Governors is currently in a full court press looking at multiple alternatives to ensure the best possible outcome for our community as quickly as possible. 

Don, have not heard anything and being a few weeks out from what happened, any word on some good news possibly coming?

Eric

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Still working. These things take time. We will update you when we have an update to give.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Matt's right.  Sadly, nothing's easy 🙂  Still a ton of coordination going on behind the scenes.

• Thanks 1

Don Desfosse