You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Audio setup

Terry Beddoes

Terry Beddoes
Posted
Posted

Hi

Its over 10 years since I last used VATSIM and I am just trying to get back into Simming.

I was possibly using FS2004 or maybe FSX back then, but I seem to remember being able to have ATC (Vatsim controller) coming through Headphones and Ambient noise from the cockpit from PC Speakers.

If this is so how do I sort it out, as at the moment everything is coming through USB Headphones my PC sound is currently routed via a Focusrite sound system, (my other hobby is UKUlele

Regards and looking forward to being back

Terry Beddoes

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

I can only speak for FSX, but in your sim set the audio device as your DEFAULT device (ie speakers ) that should send the sim sound to your main speakers, then make sure that the audio device for whatever pilot client you are using is set to the USB headset.   

Andrew 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Yep.  And, I can confirm -- same concept applies to both X-Plane and MSFS2020.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 2 weeks later...
Martin Rogosz
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello!

I joined for VATSIM for the first time and completed my test and also installed all necessary programs (vPilot). But I can´t hear any ATC. I tried also to conntect via text messanges but also no respond. Does anybody can help to fix that issue please?

Also a connection via teamspeak is not possible for me

-EDIT: Problem solved_

Edited by Martin Rogosz