You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Getting Network error: Invalid CID/password

Adrian Stavert-Dobson

Adrian Stavert-Dobson
Posted
Posted

I am trying to connect via vPilot for  the first time. I am getting "Network error: Invalid CID/password". Password is correct, not copy/pasted. P3D is running, everything in Administrator mode. Vatsim account is active. Any ideas?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Your account is active, and I have tested your credentials on one of the test servers and it's fine.  Can you double/triple check capitalization of your password?  

The caveat about copying and pasting passwords is that sometimes Windows captures an extra space character in the copy.  I would suggest very, very carefully trying again, and if still no luck, copying and pasting taking special care not to accidentally capture an extra space character.  Worst case, you can reset your password, but remember that it can take up to 24 hours for all servers to synchronize with your new credentials.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Murray Hibble
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Don Desfosse said:

Your account is active, and I have tested your credentials on one of the test servers and it's fine.  Can you double/triple check capitalization of your password?  

The caveat about copying and pasting passwords is that sometimes Windows captures an extra space character in the copy.  I would suggest very, very carefully trying again, and if still no luck, copying and pasting taking special care not to accidentally capture an extra space character.  Worst case, you can reset your password, but remember that it can take up to 24 hours for all servers to synchronize with your new credentials.

Hi Don,

I'm getting exactly the same issue with an account only created an hour or so ago. I've tried copy/paste (ensuring it only grabs the password from the email) and manual entry and still getting the same CID error. Broader issue potentially?

EDIT: Worked on the 5th reconnect try or so. 

Edited by Murray Hibble

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Murray Hibble said:

Hi Don,

I'm getting exactly the same issue with an account only created an hour or so ago. I've tried copy/paste (ensuring it only grabs the password from the email) and manual entry and still getting the same CID error. Broader issue potentially?

EDIT: Worked on the 5th reconnect try or so. 

Glad it worked, but as Don said. It can take up to 24 hours for some to be able to connect. 

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Adrian Stavert-Dobson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the advice. I have tried manually typing the password several times. I also tried changed the password before the original post. Still no joy.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Adrian Stavert-Dobson said:

Thanks for the advice. I have tried manually typing the password several times. I also tried changed the password before the original post. Still no joy.

Have you successfully completed the New Member Orientation Course and Knowledge Check? You won't be able to sign onto the live network until this is done.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

@Adrian Stavert-DobsonI again tested your credentials and everything was fine.  I may have just found the issue.  I wonder if for some reason you were confusing credentials from your primary vs. your duplicate account.  Please recall that VATSIM members may hold only one account.  Your duplicate account has just been disabled.  I have sent a new password to your primary account.  Please check your email....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Adrian Stavert-Dobson
Posted
Posted

Many thanks - that solved it. I had no idea that I had two accounts.