You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot making the right model matching but injecting the wrong model in the sim (MSFS)

Paul Ricard

Paul Ricard
Posted
Posted (edited)

---

Edited by Matthew Bartels
Content removed as it references unlicensed use of another product.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I think there's an issue in MSFS where it caches the last texture used for any given model. I have a test program where I create an A320 in AAL colors, then I create an A320 in JBU colors, it actually appears with the AAL colors instead.

Could this be what's happening in your case? Was there a Lan Chile A319 created prior to the Easyjet A319?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Paul Ricard
Posted
Posted

It might be the case indeed. However, I have to investigate a bit cause I did the test in Zurich and I don' see why there would be a A319 Lan Chile so far from home 🙂

What you mention is a know problem from MSFS ? Has that been reported to Asobo/Microsoft ?

Paul Ricard
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ross,

I did further testing, focusing a one single aircraft for which I have multiple models in the matching rules (indeed one single mdl file but with multiple texture sets).

I played with the ignore/uningnore button in the aircraft list in vPilot (accessible with the .aircraft command in vPilot). The aircraft appears and disappears as expected, and each time the name of the model indeed changes in the aircraft list, so it should show a differently looking aircraft in the sim with a different texture. The point is that it's always the same aircraft showing up in the sim.

So I would say that, yes, for a same mdl file, MSFS keeps loading the same textures even if the matching rules were calling for a different look.

That is weird...

Edited by Paul Ricard

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Paul Ricard said:

What you mention is a know problem from MSFS ? Has that been reported to Asobo/Microsoft ?

I don't know. I just noticed it the other day when I was testing some third-party liveries. I don't have enough evidence that it's a real issue yet. The test that you just ran is more evidence, though ... thanks for that.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC