You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

(Another) Model Matching issue.

Marshall Whitlock

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which entries from your aircraft list screenshot are _not_ working?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Which entries from your aircraft list screenshot are _not_ working?

Per the logic of my model matching file, all of them should be functioning with the exception of:

VVA105
AUI1KR
SHT7C
LINGUS5
TAY28F
ECN21A

Edited by Nicholas Camperos

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Please post a link to the file titled ModelMatchTest.vmr

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Okay, thanks. I think I will add some extensive logging to the model matching process, and then send you a new version of vPilot to run.

• Like 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Nicholas, please install this version:

https://vpilot.rosscarlson.dev/Assets/Files/Installers/vPilot-Setup-2.8.1.1.exe

If you run it in debug mode, using one of the debug shortcuts in the Programs list, it will write a ton of debugging messages in the log file. The log file is in the same folder as vPilot.exe. It will have a file name containing today's date, such as log20210209.txt.

Note that this file will get very big very quickly, because for every aircraft you encounter online, it will write a line to the log file for every rule in your VMR files, until it finds a match.

For this reason, I recommend you use a small VMR file to begin with, not the huge file that you sent me earlier. Just make a small file that exhibits the issue reliably. Once you have that smaller file installed instead of the big file, then follow these steps:

1. Run vPilot in debug mode.
  2. Connect to the network where there are aircraft nearby, preferably just one or two aircraft in order to keep the log file size small.
  3. Ensure at least one of the nearby aircraft exhibits the problem.
  4. Open the .aircraft window and take a screenshot showing the aircraft that didn't use the right model.
  5. Disconnect from the network.
  6. Shut down vPilot.
  7. Grab the most current log file (the one with today's date) and upload it somewhere that I can download it.
  8. Post the screenshot of the .aircraft window and the link to the log file in this thread.
  9. In your post, indicate which aircraft didn't show the right model.

Thanks for the help debugging!

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Roger! As soon as I log off the network I'll go ahead and get this done then. Will get back to you.,

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted

Quick question, do I run vPilot like normal or in one of the debug versions as you stated? For vPilot I found 4 shortcuts for debug versions but none of them seem to be able to connect to the network (Host mode, Host mode with voice, Remote mode, Remote mode with voice)

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok so, this is getting weirder.

I was in the process of making the post with the normal vPilot because I couldn't figure out the debug mode thing and figured I may as well try in case it worked, and it did not work. So I was taking the pictures and doing the logs and realized there were too many airplanes in the area and you asked for it to be small, so I moved locations and tried it again. It worked now... all of it worked. I switched to my big livery file and went to a big airport and check it out. 

55088098_Screenshot2021-02-09175538.jpg.0146aaf4eb7ad5a84401858c741b288d.jpg

It is even matching things with Asobo defaults like Generic Private Jet rather than all just generic airliner twin engine.

As to see if this is still an issue I can recreate on my computer, I am going to try to restart my PC and try again. Then after that, install the normal version of vpilot and try again.

Note: Only exception to it working is things like BAW21G because I forgot that a B789 existed. That is just on my end.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Nicholas Camperos said:

Quick question, do I run vPilot like normal or in one of the debug versions as you stated? For vPilot I found 4 shortcuts for debug versions but none of them seem to be able to connect to the network (Host mode, Host mode with voice, Remote mode, Remote mode with voice)

Looks like I neglected to install a standalone debug mode shortcut. :classic_blush:

The simplest thing would be to make a copy the host mode debug shortcut, open its properties, and remove the "-host" portion of the Target line.

• Like 1

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

Looks like I neglected to install a standalone debug mode shortcut. :classic_blush:

The simplest thing would be to make a copy the host mode debug shortcut, open its properties, and remove the "-host" portion of the Target line.

Right well I got this working but fortunately (and unfortunately to those who may have this issue) I am no longer able to reproduce the problem. 

Everything is working just fine now..

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you put 2.8.1.0 back on your machine?

Nicholas Camperos
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Ross Carlson said:

Did you put 2.8.1.0 back on your machine?

Yes. It works on both 2.8.1.1 and 2.8.1.0

• 9 months later...
Francesco Cutuli
Posted
Posted
On 2/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, David Louis said:

Hello,

Is it possible that the variable used to handle ModelName is too small ? 
It seems that rules with a long model name (around 20+ characters) are all set to AutoGenerated

example :

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="DAL" TypeCode="A320" ModelName="Airbus A320 Neo Delta" />  is working : match to the ruleset and display the "Airbus A320 Neo Delta" model

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="BAW" TypeCode="A320" ModelName="Airbus A320 Neo British Airways" />    is not working :  rule Set is AutoGenerated and display a generic model , no error message

after renaming the livery model from title ="Airbus A320 Neo British Airways" to title = "Airbus A320 Neo BA"  :
<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="BAW" TypeCode="A320" ModelName="Airbus A320 Neo BA" /> is working : match to the ruleset and display the "Airbus A320 Neo BA" model

I have the same problem with model matching but even renaming the model nothing change... there is any solution?