You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No communication in vPilot - MSFS 2020

Jim Herrod

Jim Herrod
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

Brand new to Vatsim/vPilot. Pretty sure I have everything configured correctly, but when I try tuning to any frequencies in the sim, I get no audio, text or anything. Pretty much just sits there. Hoping someone could offer some guidance. Thanks 🙂

image.thumb.png.7232dc1e1d75f32e0d35bb72fb68c49c.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Looks like something is blocking your connection to the voice server. The "COM1: 134.700" text should be blue, not white. Maybe antivirus or firewall software.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jim Herrod
Posted
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Looks like something is blocking your connection to the voice server. The "COM1: 134.700" text should be blue, not white. Maybe antivirus or firewall software.

Interesting thought. It looks like I do have the Win Defender firewall enabled. I'll see if I can add vPilot to the whitelist and report back with the results

Edited by Jim Herrod

Jim Herrod
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

I whitelisted vPilot and still no go. Nothing else running that may interfere with the voice server, at least as far as I can tell. Wondering since my membership is brand new if it takes a little more time for my info to propagate to the voice servers.

Edited by Jim Herrod

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jim Herrod said:

Wondering since my membership is brand new if it takes a little more time for my info to propagate to the voice servers.

Usually if that's the issue, you would see an error message in the vPilot window stating that the voice server connection failed. Anything like that?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Just a thought -- is it possible the audio device settings aren't complete?  Screenshot that page, maybe?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png