You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to change Euroscope send packet rate?

Miquel Ferrer Mas

Miquel Ferrer Mas
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

I tried searching this topic in the forums but to no avail.
I am developing my own FSD server, and by now I have been successful reading and sending the packets. 

I have also been able to create a plugin for x-plane and, happily, been able to show the simulated traffics from a custom scenario in Euroscope inside x-plane. But because of the delay between messages from Euroscope, the movement of  the planes in x-plane is not fluid.

I know there are several Simulation Speed buttons in Euroscope simulation ribbon to speed up the simulation, but what I am trying to achieve is to keep the simulation speed but shortening the delays between packets being send from euroscope to the server (I suspect Euroscope sends the packets around every 6 seconds) ¿Is there any configuration file or hidden option in the settings to achieve this? 

Thank you very much for your response!

Miquel Ferrer Mas
Posted
Posted

Gergely, from euroscope, kindly showed me the way

$CQSERVER:@94835:SIMDATA:1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
On 2/3/2021 at 2:15 AM, Miquel Ferrer Mas said:

because of the delay between messages from Euroscope, the movement of  the planes in x-plane is not fluid.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but if you are relying on the position update rate from ES to get smooth movement, wouldn't you need ES to send the positions at the same rate that your sim is updating? (Your frame rate.) AFAIK, what most client developers do is simple linear interpolation each frame, interpolating between the last two position reports received from the source. This yields smooth movement even with the slow 5 second update rate used on the live network.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 months later...
Alejandro Sosa
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Miguel! is there a possibility to test your plugin? I have the same problem when using X-plane with the euroscope FsdServer since it is only intended for FSX. From already thank you very much

Edited by Alejandro Sosa