You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC Flight Plan amendment as to requirements

James Pimenta

James Pimenta
Posted
Posted

I noticed that before you start a IFR plan you have to state your flight plan route including SIDS.

If ATC tell you to takeoff and fly another departure not previously stated in your flight plan do you have to re file another flight plan/what they want and BEFORE you taxi to the runway.

Do they expect this?

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, James Pimenta said:

I noticed that before you start a IFR plan you have to state your flight plan route including SIDS.

If ATC tell you to takeoff and fly another departure not previously stated in your flight plan do you have to re file another flight plan/what they want and BEFORE you taxi to the runway.

Do they expect this?

Atc will amend the flightplan as necessary during your flight.

James Pimenta
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

Atc will amend the flightplan as necessary during your flight.

So I only need to file the flight plan just the once on XPilot, regardless of any ATC departure changes?

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, James Pimenta said:

So I only need to file the flight plan just the once on XPilot, regardless of any ATC departure changes?

Yup.

• Like 1

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Also of note: in the US it is customary to file a SID and a STAR as part of your filed route, if there is a SID and a STAR applicable to your aircraft and navigation type.  In many places outside the US, it is customary to file only the enroute portion as ATC will assign your SID and your STAR.

• Thanks 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png