You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

audio help No ATC voices with Vpilot

• audiovat
  • audio
  • audioforvatsim
  • vpilot

Terence LAI VAN

Terence LAI VAN
Posted
Posted

Hello, 
I'm encountering a very disturbing problem with Vpilot. Indeed it is impossible for me to hear the ATC at any frequency. (ATIS, GROUND, TOWER, APP, CTR). Nevertheless they can hear me. However I launch the application in administrator mode. I have the latest version. My audio input and output parameters are correct. I am well connected to the voice server. I don't get any error message. The selected frequency is displayed in cyan. The TX indicator lights up well when I use the PTT. However, the RX LED never lights up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application twice. The sound parameters are correctly set in Windows as well.  All my drivers are up to date, Windows too. On the forums I could read that some of them managed to solve the problem by allowing Vpilot to pass the firewall. So that's what I did but it doesn't work either. I've done almost all the solutions on the forums there is nothing to do. I've watched a lot of explanatory videos as well. So I'm relying on you to help me find a solution to this problem. 

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Capture8.PNG

Capture9.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
Henrik Grunddal
Posted
Posted

Hi All

I have the same problem.

also disabled the firewall but still the same .

Anyone who can help. ? 🙂

Best Regards

Henrik

Jeff Garry
Posted
Posted

I'm having the exact same issue. My computer is setup correctly and I do hear when a text comes through. I just can't hear voices. Any assistance would be great.

• 11 months later...
Dame Peters
Posted
Posted

Having this issue now. Hoping that someone can help. Thanks.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Have you all checked to see if you have Sonic Studio enabled?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Dame Peters
Posted
Posted

Hello, so I figured out how to fix this problem without deleting Sonic Studio. Inside the Sonic Studio software (I have Sonic Studio III running on Windows 10), navigate to the "Record Studio" tab, then to the "Virtual Mixer" sub-tab and turn on the "Virtual Mixer". Set your "Sound Tester" monitoring device to your speakers, then under "Applications", add vPilot. Inside the vPilot app in settings under "Audio", select the "Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer" as your Output Device. Before doing any of this, I did update my Asus ROG audio drivers from the Asus website, linked below (not sure if this has anything to do with the fix).  That should fix it. That fixed it for me. Happy flying!

Asus Website Link: https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/ 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Thank you for sharing!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations