You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't get mic to work in vpilot

• solved

Coco Lada

Coco Lada
Posted
Posted

Hi

Problem is that I can't get my mic to work with vpilot in msfs20. My external mic and my pc's own mic both work in all the other programs and in the pc's sound settings the voice bar is moving as i speak. But the voice bar is not moving in vpilot settings, with PTT assigned or without. It is able to connect to voice server when connecting to vpilot and it detects the PTT as the TX sign illuminates but no voice gets through. I have tried running vpilot as administrator and disabling fire walls. Don't know what to do. I have also checked that the mic privacy settings allow apps to use the mic. I have the latest vpilot updates. Thanks if anyone knows the solution.

Coco Lada
Posted
Posted

Found the solution by myself! Right-clicked the speaker icon and opened Sound Settings. For Input selected my microphone and clicked the Troubleshoot button. Turned out my mic was somehow muffled or something and the Troubleshoot automatically fixed the issue and now audio bars are moving in vpilot as I speak. Turns out the mic problem was in my system as i couldn't get voice through in xpilot or swift either. But now everything works. Hopefully this helps someone else with similar problems!