You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New member course and exam

Peter Kelly

Peter Kelly
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

This is my first time using Vatsim so I apologies in advance for asking the question.

I have just completed the 4 part 'New Member' training course and it asks be to go to take the exam under the What's Next heading, however when I click the link it shows no exams assigned.

I completed the course around an hour or so ago but still no exam showing, any ideas when or if this will show up under My Exams?

Regards

Peter

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Anyone who joined VATSIM before August 2020 was automatically given the P0 rating and therefore there is no exam assigned to you!

Tomas Hansson

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Peter, and welcome back!

Since you joined VATSIM prior to the New Member Orientation (P0) requirement, you are grandfathered in.

Your membership account is active.

I note that you reset your password less than two hours ago.

Please recall, and we try to make this clear on the password reset page by including one big note in a big colored box in the middle of the password reset page that you may have accidentally missed, that we operate with a network of distributed servers, and It can take up to 24 hours (although normally much less) for new/updated membership information to be passed to all servers. Within the first 24 hours after registering, reactivating your account, or a password change, if your preferred server rejects your credentials, you are welcome to keep trying different servers in the hopes of finding one that will work.

In reality, this *usually* is complete in an hour or two.  

Again, welcome back!

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Peter Kelly
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the information Don, yes I registered for Vatsim a long time ago but I never used the service.

Peter Kelly
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the information Tomas