You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSDT FSinn and FSCopilot not Totally Uninstalled

Dennis Stanek

Dennis Stanek
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

I have used FSINN and FSCopilot many years before I switched to VPilot. IMHO, VPilot is a MUCH better program that I love.. The problem I have is that after uninstalling FSinn and FSCopliot, remnants of FSCOpilot remain on the addon drop down menu list in FSX. I have pulled my hair out trying to find where these files reside in the system so I can get rid of them. I've used Revo Uninstaller with no luck and Microsoft Uninstaller program, with no luck.

Every time I start FSX, an error message appears that says  "Failed to create FSCopilot.GPWS (CWNDFS98MAIN=1576d83c". 3 other error messages appear with the same numerical address, fsCopilot.timeSync,, fsCopliot.HeadEffect and lastly FSCopilot.Tuner. All I do is click OK and FSX runs properly. This just aggravated me to DEATH.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these files? Where do these files reside.

I really appreciate it,

Dennis  

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not an FSInn user, so I'm just guessing here, but there are two places where I would look:

First, the "Modules" folder within your FSX installation. See if anything there looks like an FSInn file. It will likely be called "FSCopilot.dll". Delete that file.

Second, see if there is a file called "exe.xml" in the following folder:

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX

This file can be used to launch add-ons. If you see something there that looks like an FSInn add-on, then you can remove it. Remove the entire section of the file starting with "<Launch.Addon>" and ending with "</Launch.Addon>". Be sure to only delete the FSInn-related section, not the section(s) for other add-ons that you may have installed.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dennis Stanek
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply Ross.

BTW, I LOVE VPILOT!!

As to what you suggested, NOTHING shows as an FSinn Addon either in the %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX, or in the exe.xml. 

Now, what shall I do??? This is really perplexing to me! I did NOT choose to mess with the registry!  LOL

Dennis

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you look in the FSX modules folder?

Dennis Stanek
Posted
Posted

OK, In Modules, I found FSCopilot.dll, so I deleted it. Hopefully this will solve the problem!!!

'

Dennis Stanek
Posted
Posted

Well...^THAT took care of the problem Ross! THANK YOU!!!!

Now I'm getting a crazy "Aircraft Initialization error+, that I never seen before.. I just click OK, and FSX still loads WITHOUT any issues!

Dennis Stanek
Posted
Posted

Ross,

The exact error message is... Aircraft Initialization Failure.Aircreation5825l.red.

I have Googled the error, and I did not change ANYTHING on the acft.cfg file. On the opening screen, it is now now blank where it used to have a Cessna 172 in the screen. I still can change the type of aircraft, Wx and location. Just pisses me off that this is happening.

Dennis

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like maybe there is a missing texture or model file for the Aircreation 582 SL. You could try reinstalling FSX, or if you don't use the Aircreation, just delete or rename its aircraft.cfg file so that FSX doesn't try to initialize it.

Dennis Stanek
Posted
Posted

Ross,

By renaming the .cfg file, it worked perfectly! FSX does NOT initialize it now. Thank you for all the help!

Dennis

• Like 1