You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid CID / Password

Mustafa Anssari

Mustafa Anssari
Posted
Posted
 when I try to log in to vPilot, and press "Connect" when MSFS 2020 is running, it keeps saying "Invalid CID/password. Disconnected from network." It not only happens on vPilot, but on the main VATSIM forums as well. I was able to log in to VATSIM, I did reset my password and typed the letters manually but nothing ,but nowhere else. What do I do???

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Well, I would personally follow the directions your received in the email you got when you registered, and go to my.vatsim.net and complete the New Member Orientation and exam.... 😉  You can't do anything on the network until you do....

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 weeks later...
BRODY LANHAM
Posted
Posted
On 2/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, Don Desfosse said:

Well, I would personally follow the directions your received in the email you got when you registered, and go to my.vatsim.net and complete the New Member Orientation and exam.... 😉  You can't do anything on the network until you do....

i already did that and it still says that same message Network error: Invalid CID/password

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Did you wait 24 hours for the exam info to propagate to all the servers before trying to log in? If you did, can you please post a screenshot of the error?

Tomas Hansson

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Tomas Hansson said:

Did you wait 24 hours for the exam info to propagate to all the servers before trying to log in? 

No, he didn't....  And then he reset the 24 hour clock all over again, 5 hours later, when he reset his password.... 

I'm not dishing on Brody here -- or anyone for that matter -- I'm really trying to make this clear for anyone else who's having trouble and reads this thread.

If you recently joined, have you completed the New Member Orientation Program?

• Before you are able to log onto the online VATSIM servers, you must review the New Member Orientation Course and then pass a short exam. After successfully passing the exam, your account status will become active, and within 24 hours after passing the exam, you may log on.
  • If you are looking for your New Member orientation, please login to my.vatsim.net and click on the link that is shown immediately after login.
  • If you are looking for your New Member exam, please login to my.vatsim.net and look toward the bottom of the menu on the left for the "My Exams" menu item. The exam will be available for retake one hour after any unsuccessful attempt.

If you have completed the New Member Orientation Program, but still cannot log on:

• We operate with a network of distributed servers, so it can take several hours (up to 24, but usually much less) for new/updated membership information and credentials to be passed to all servers, including the voice server, which is a separate server from the flight servers. Within the first 24 hours after registering, reactivating your account, or a password change, if your preferred server rejects your credentials, you are welcome to keep trying different servers in the hopes of finding one that will work. The servers are all interconnected, so all traffic and connections may be seen regardless of which server you connect to.

We say this 5 times during the registration process...  And for those that miss it those 5 times and think about changing their password, it is the ONLY note on the page, big, right in the middle, in a big blue box so no one could should possibly miss it....  And it's listed in multiple places on the Member Help page....  And it's listed in the Member Support Knowledgebase and FAQ....  We really go out of our way to publish this information so people can understand it!!!!!

• Like 2

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations