You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Bug or set up issue?

Marc Sieffert

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Hi, is there a kind of bug in the VAT SPY table? See below... It seems arriving planes are in departing column and departing planes in arriving column... Or do I need to set this up?

871122397_Screenshot2021-03-05190045.thumb.jpg.8a31df1a5d5003f2dd1ef112f218c4ee.jpg

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Means CSA761 which departed LFPG, landed at LKPR.

In the same manner, KLM88 who is arriving into LFPG, just departed EHAM.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Thanks ok I see, does it mean that if we take the planes in the first raw that  AFR1280 is planned to arrive at EGLL at 18.04 (therefore this is not the planned departure time) and SRR6316 is departed at 17.53 from LFRN (and is not the planned arrival time)?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marc Sieffert said:

Thanks ok I see, does it mean that if we take the planes in the first raw that  AFR1280 is planned to arrive at EGLL at 18.04 (therefore this is not the planned departure time) and SRR6316 is departed at 17.53 from LFRN (and is not the planned arrival time)?

The column in the table is labeled "ETA" which means "Estimated Time of Arrival". VAT-Spy does a very simple time calculation using the aircraft's current location and speed, and its distance to the arrival field. That's why you don't see an ETA for aircraft that are "Departing" or "Arrived" because they have to be airborne in order to calculate the ETA.

So for AFR1280, 18:04 is the estimate arrival time at EGLL. For SRR6316, 17:53 is the estimated arrival time at LFPG.

• Thanks 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC