You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xpilot connect button is greyed out and in the text box it is constantly saying waiting for xplane connection

Reece Manicom

Reece Manicom
Posted
Posted

HI I need some help as i said it the title my xpilot isn't establishing a connection to xplane. I have atatched a pic below to show what the problem is.

Screenshot (18).png

will robbins
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by will robbins

Chandra Dev
Posted
Posted

I am also facing same problem. Checked all the network settings in xplane11. Reinstalled xpilot many times without any success. Any suggestions are appreciated from anyone. Thanks in advance.

Reece Manicom
Posted
Posted

Hi I managed to fix it. Make sure the entire xpilot folder is out of the  x plane file I put mine in pictures then one you have done that go into you xpilot folder then I think go into plugins and take that xpilot file out and put it in the plugins folder under the x plane folder that should resolve the issue 

• 1 year later...
Daividas Narkevicius
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2021 at 2:59 PM, Reece Manicom said:

Hi I managed to fix it. Make sure the entire xpilot folder is out of the  x plane file I put mine in pictures then one you have done that go into you xpilot folder then I think go into plugins and take that xpilot file out and put it in the plugins folder under the x plane folder that should resolve the issue 

I have a little trouble understanding that maybe you screenshot or screenrecord?

• 4 weeks later...
John Rovic Martin
Posted
Posted

Can someone help me. I tried opening it first before xplane, then xplane before xpilot but nothing happened it still says waiting for xplane connections.... Thanks in advance 

16628589269687439583713056439165.jpg

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

It looks as if the xPilot plugin is not running in X-Plane, which is why the client won't connect. Take a look in X-Plane and see if it's listed with your other plugins.

Be sure you have the correct plugin for the version of X-Plane you are running (XP11 or XP12). There are two beta.35 plugin versions published on the website.

Download and install the appropriate version and specify the correct X-Plane location path during the plugin install.

Attan Akmar
Posted
Posted

I was prompted to update Xpilot to the latest version when I started the app. The updated app however could not  connect to the servers as the connect button was greyed out. I'm still using X-Plane 11. After uninstalling and reinstalling the earlier version and updating it several times I gave up and refused to continue with the update. My Xpilot is working fine without the update. Just wondering what advantage the latest version has over the previous one and whether I am missing some essential functions by not updating. 

Connect Button Greyed Out.jpg

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Attan Akmar said:

I was prompted to update Xpilot to the latest version when I started the app. The updated app however could not  connect to the servers as the connect button was greyed out. I'm still using X-Plane 11. After uninstalling and reinstalling the earlier version and updating it several times I gave up and refused to continue with the update. My Xpilot is working fine without the update. Just wondering what advantage the latest version has over the previous one and whether I am missing some essential functions by not updating. 

You will be missing XP12 support, other than that not much I think.

ACH2118.jpg

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

The notification about the new version available should have included a warning that if you're using XP11, you should NOT update. I ran into the same problem, I'd already prepared a flight and had to shut down Xplane to reinstall Xpilot. Not nice.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Attan Akmar,

You're right, the xPilot client update will install the plugin for XP12, and repeated updating only downloads this same version. No need to do the update since the previous plugin will work fine with XP11.

If you decide to install XP12 in the future, you can accept the update and then specify your new XP12 install directory. This will put the new plugin in the correct location.

Edited by Tim Waldon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

As mentioned previously, the solution is to manually download and reinstall xPilot for X-Plane 11. The issue was caused by the automatic update tool downloading the incorrect xPilot version for X-Plane 11 users. 

Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

I manually downloaded and reinstalled xPilot several times to no avail.  Connect button is still greyed out.  What can be done to fix this?

xpilotnotworking.jpg

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

@Paul Rickard,

There has already been a lot of recent discussion in this xPilot forum about your issue. Also you didn't mention which version of X-Plane you are running, and which version of xPilot you tried to install. Here are the key points:

- Be sure you have the correct plugin for the version of X-Plane you are running (XP11 or XP12). There are two beta.35 plugin versions published on the developer's website.

- Download and install the appropriate version and specify the correct X-Plane location path during the plugin install. This is a very important step.

Give it another try and let us know how it goes.

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

X-Plane 11 and Windows .35 version.  This happened after the latest update.

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

Still no luck.  This is the path i am using for X-Plane location.  It is steam version. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11.

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that information, Paul.

If the issue started after the client update was released, there's a good chance the XP12 version of the plugin got installed by the updater and is still on your PC. This version won't work with XP11.

- Try completely uninstalling the xPilot client in Windows:  >Settings >Apps (or) >Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features. As a double check, you can look at your plugins folder within the X-Plane install location to make sure the plugin got removed.

- Reboot, then download and install the correct version. (beta.35, X-Plane 11 Download, Windows)

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

Tim, thanks for all your help man.  I uninstalled and reinstalled xPilot several times.  I did download the X-Plane 11 version beta .35 (Not XP12 version).  Still same screenshot I posted here.  To no avail.  I think xPliot screwed up on this new update.  There should be a fix.  Thanks again.

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

No problem Paul. Sorry to hear it's giving you such a problem. This seems to be an isolated situation, as other users have been able to get the client working by reinstalling it.

Don't give up. My last recommendation would be to post your issue on the xPilot Discord server. Justin, the developer, actively monitors the posts, and he might have more ideas that you can try. There is a Discord invite button on the xPilot home page.

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

I finally got it fixed. Thanks again Tim for directing me to xPilot Discord.  This is what fixed it:

Looks like the communication between the plugin and xPilot isn't working. Here's one thing you can try: 

1. Close X-Plane and xPilot
2. Open ../Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/Config.json in a text editor and change PluginPort from 53100 to something else... even 53101 will work. Save the changes.
3. Open C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\org.vatsim.xpilot\AppConfig.json (replace USERNAME with your actual computer username) with a text editor. Change XplanePluginPort to match the new port number you specified in the plugin config file. Save the changes.
4. Open xPilot and X-Plane and see if that fixes your issue.

Screenshot 2022-09-24 101151.jpg

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

That's great news Paul. Thanks for following up on this forum, and hopefully the information you provided will help others as well. Glad you got back online!