You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Frequency inaccuracies in VATSIM API

Damian McCracken

Frank Kopp
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Damian McCracken said:

Hi All, 

Appreciate the engaging debate of the issue I reported. Apologies if missed it, but what is the final course of action here to bring everything in line?  

Regards, 

Did you already see that the EFB2 has released a new version which corrects this? It takes the wrong frequencies from the VATSIM API and corrects them so that if they are sent to the plane it works.

Of course this is only a workaround and I agree with the discussion above that the underlaying cause should be fixed - correct frequencies should be used by the Controllers. 

Damian McCracken
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Frank Kopp said:

Did you already see that the EFB2 has released a new version which corrects this? It takes the wrong frequencies from the VATSIM API and corrects them so that if they are sent to the plane it works.

Of course this is only a workaround and I agree with the discussion above that the underlaying cause should be fixed - correct frequencies should be used by the Controllers. 

Thanks Frank. I did see and I'm downloading it now. 

As you say, it is only a workaround and I was curious what the final plan of action was likely to be.