You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Min set of files

Charan Kumar

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I am trying to see if I can give this client a try, and so ended up creating airspace, positions etc, just one for each, sector, volume etc. And I was staring at a blank screen ... so, what are the minimum set of files needed? 

this is what i have: spacer.png

I guessed Dem would get w140n40 for KZOA, as I can't quiet place what those coordinates are. I am not the FE, but I was hoping i could give it a try before i reach out to the FE.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Hi Charan

As a minimum you'd need to define a Position to select from the Positions menu, some Maps to display airspace boundaries etc., and a Radar definition if you want to see surveilance tracks (Radar coverage is always simulated in vatSys). 

To be able to control with it, you'd also need Volume(s) and Sectors defined to get strips displayed to your position. 

If you don't define your own Airspace items in Airspace.xml you're relying solely on the Navigraph data. Additionally, <SystemRunways> must be defined in Airspace.xml to be able to assign runways, SIDs & STARs via strips and labels. 

DEM (digital elevation model) is used for MSAW alerting and radar coverage line of sight simulation. It's not neccessary to define. The coordinate is the top left of the coverage area  

image.png

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the quick reply Jake, so I did set up the file as I got an error message. I don't however see a zip file inside the coordinate I used, I am not sure if I am downloading it manually, or if the tool downloads it automatically.

I did create the airspace with SystemRunways with a minimum set of airports, but seems like I might have something wrong. Is there someone who I can review the files with, so I can see what I have done incorrectly? There are volumes, sectors defined, a basic map that covers the area, and I am using the same GEO as the ATOP Oakland, so atleast we see the US west coast coastline. I even added visibility centers, but like I said, I just see a blank screen. So something is incorrectly wired or out of sequence, I think.

Appreciate the help.

Charan

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

DEM will download if needed. Like I said though, don't worry about it for now.

You see a blank screen after you've selected a Position from Settings -> Positions? And displayed maps from the Maps menu?

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Charan, give this a try. I don't plan to release this to public. It'll get you started somewhere, still needs volumes for each sector. I plan to work on it more after I work on other profiles. At the moment it's used more for flight data/TMU because of the tools available. 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0jjbn0gyt2iqwuc/AADzFazdr8nPbo4ElST9cmZfa?dl=0

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, Dominic Nguyen said:

Charan, give this a try. I don't plan to release this to public. It'll get you started somewhere, still needs volumes for each sector. I plan to work on it more after I work on other profiles. At the moment it's used more for flight data/TMU because of the tools available. 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0jjbn0gyt2iqwuc/AADzFazdr8nPbo4ElST9cmZfa?dl=0

Got it, thanks Dom. 

Jake, to answer your qn yes, but will try with Dom’s files and then get back. 

Edited by Charan Kumar