You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vpilot sound stuttering

Boby Georgiev

Boby Georgiev
Posted
Posted

Hello, pilots!

First of all, I wish you all the best. Be healthy and happy! So, I have some sound stuttering and voice server disconnection when using vpilot. I reinstall vpilot several times - no result. I reinstall nvidia and sound card drivers - no result. Change headset - no result. Change headset PC ports - no result. Change wify and wire connection - no result. The problem is the same with 3 sim platforms /P3D v4.5/v5.1 and MSFS. I have stable internet connection - optical 300. I have absolutely no problems with other social medias and communication servers. I thought, it's some kind of vatsim server issue, but I never found any similar information in the forums. Do you,guys, have an idea for possible fix? 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Check your CPU use via Task Manager.  Stuttering comms audio often means your CPU is struggling to keep up.  You might need to lower sim rendering settings a little to ease the processing load enough to let AFV have some more cycles. 

• Like 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Boby Georgiev
Posted
Posted (edited)

Very good point! I found out that the first core was overloaded and my processor definitely was struggling. The CPU usage is 80-90% vs 10-15 GPU. I tried to relax the core with lasso. Now the CPU usage is almost the same, but a bit more balanced. I tried a flight in a heavy vatsim traffiic with no stuttering and disconnections. But what about the next flight in the evening?! Well, stuttering and disconnections got even worse. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Edited by Boby Georgiev