Jump to content

What callsign for BBJ aircraft? | Whats Prime Air callsign/icao?


Recommended Posts

Well the title is pretty self explanatory, for boeing business jets should I use a GA callsign like for example; N567DD or some specific callsign for BBJ.  Second question is if I wanted to fly amazon prime air in the 737 what callsign/ICAO should I use.. Iv'e seen the SOO (Southern Air) contract , and the ABR (ASL Airlines Ireland) one and they use the prime air livery on vatsim. but I've also seen AIR(Air transport) used. Is there an international carrier or something for prime air so I dont have to just fly in Ireland or southern USA if i want to be the  amazon livery?  :)   Thx In advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tail number is fine for BBJs. You could also use an anonymous callsign such as DCMXXXX ("Dotcom"). This is what many business jets file under IRL.

Prime Air 737s are operated by Southern Air, Sun Country, and ASL Ireland. In real life they all use one of those callsigns depending on which company is operating the flight. If you wanted to replicate a specific one, sites like Flightaware and Flightradar24 are good for finding them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Justin Blakey said:

Tail number is fine for BBJs. You could also use an anonymous callsign such as DCMXXXX ("Dotcom"). This is what many business jets file under IRL.

Prime Air 737s are operated by Southern Air, Sun Country, and ASL Ireland. In real life they all use one of those callsigns depending on which company is operating the flight. If you wanted to replicate a specific one, sites like Flightaware and Flightradar24 are good for finding them.

 

Dotcom is an actual callsign for those using fltplan.com to file their flightplans. It isn't just for those filing anonymously across the board. For example, those using FlightAware to file their flightplans won't use Dotcom as their callsign..

As for the callsign for BBJ aircraft, why not do what other GAs do? Either full tail number, or Boeing XXXX, as you'd be using the aircraft manufacturer...

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

27

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brad Littlejohn said:

Dotcom is an actual callsign for those using fltplan.com to file their flightplans.

And those filing by Foreflight are assigned "FFL" (spoken simply as "Foreflight {xxx}").

Cheers,

-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

And those filing by Foreflight are assigned "FFL" (spoken simply as "Foreflight {xxx}").

Heh, I've seen and heard this callsign but never realized that's where it came from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ight thanks for the info, I was wondering specifically for the prime air 737 to see if it had international flight so I don't have to find an airline per country I go since I only have the zibo mod and no Airbuses, which more of the common airlines have them in their fleets. Anyways.  I can just use "Boeing 37HF" for ex as a BBJ callsign

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...