You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot on networked PC

Richard Falkenhagen

Richard Falkenhagen
Posted
Posted

Hello everybody, 

I know I am not the first one to create a post on this toipic, but I couldn't find any solution for my problem:

I would like to use Vpilot on my networked PC. So I researched a bit and noticed that there should be the option to run vpilot in host mode and remote mode. Both shortcuts should be accessable via the explorer in the start menu folder. I am not able to find them. I searched all drives and can not track them. 

Any Ideas?

thanks in advance!

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Hi

What simulator are you using. Operating system?

If on a windows10 OS install vpilot in your Sim PC and also on your netwoked PC or client.

Once installed the  windows symbol on the bottom left of your screen and click with your left button and it will display a list of programs installed on your PC. Scroll down to vpilot and open the folder and select Host mode with voice (if your headset is installed on the PC) or Host Mode if the headset is on the client. Repeat the procedure in the client except that this time you will chose Remote mode ot Remote mode with voice.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Les Taylor
Posted
Posted

Good Day All,

I am having the same problem and the answer from Joaquin has missed the point made by Richard. The problem he and I are having is that "vPilot" does not show up in the Programs list when clicking the Windows button. ( Probably either Win.. 7 or Win.. 10 ) So... there is not an opportunity to select any "shortcut" via the Programs menu. Because there is no facility to do this from the vPilot's own menu/settings, I cannot connect the "client". This is all frustrating as I run a full size 737 with a 3 projector screen and would not like to kill the realism by having the vPilot screen visible. I would rather run it from the pad on the Captain's sill. Any clues please.

Best regards

Les Taylor

(YPPH)

Les Taylor
Posted
Posted

G'day,

Edit to above.....

I just installed vPilot on my Windows 10 laptop and the options do show up on the Programs menu. Must be a Windows 7 hiccup ????

Regards

Les