You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No audio

Nichlas Falk

Nichlas Falk
Posted
Posted

Hallo fellow pilots, i just joined VATSIM yesterday. I have finished the orientation and exam, installed vPilot and connected. There's a problem tho. When i go to an active airport to listen in and learn and connect, i cant hear anything. I've got the right settings for audio on vPilot and the correct frequency, but i cant hear anything. May it be that i'm on the wrong server? Please let me know 🙂

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

What error are you getting? Can you screenshot your client?

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Nichlas Falk
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

What error are you getting? Can you screenshot your client?

I think it actually might be that i haven't waited 24 hours yet, but i'll get a screenshot when i'm able to

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Nichlas,

Yesterday, you made 4 connections to the network less than one hour after completing your P0 exam, the first connection being 18 minutes after passing the exam.  We state 6 times during the registration process, including a reminder on the screen that is presented upon successful completion of the exam, that it can take up to an hour for all the servers (including the voice server, which is a separate server) to synchronize and realize that you are now an authorized user of the network.  So, that was likely the issue.  

That said, you also connected today at 1336Z.  Did everything go OK?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nichlas Falk
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Don Desfosse said:

Hello, Nichlas,

Yesterday, you made 4 connections to the network less than one hour after completing your P0 exam, the first connection being 18 minutes after passing the exam.  We state 6 times during the registration process, including a reminder on the screen that is presented upon successful completion of the exam, that it can take up to an hour for all the servers (including the voice server, which is a separate server) to synchronize and realize that you are now an authorized user of the network.  So, that was likely the issue.  

That said, you also connected today at 1336Z.  Did everything go OK?

It did! Turned out that i had forgotten to wait ofc, and empower my radios. Was only connected to unicom today, hopefully i didn’t waste your time 😅

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No worries.  All we care about is that you're all set!  Welcome!  🙂

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations