Ingame-Panel for FS2020: VR support for vpilot or Vatspy

Marius Kark

Hello fellow pilots,

When I fly VR on Vatsim in FlightSimulator 2020 (which btw is amazing, provided you ve got a biest of a rig and GPU),
looking up controllers, textmessages or frequencies in vPilot or coverage of ATC in Vatspy is kind of clunky as you have to alt-tab to desktop and take off you headset.

Would be awesome to have an  in-game panel in FS that shows the desired information at a mouse click (while still having the desktop vPilot / vatspy software running in the background)

Software-engineering-wise I guess it shouldnt be so much of an obstacle - saying as s.o. with basic programming skills ;) to stream those data in a T0 implementation from a local webserver -  after having used some other ingame panels that make use of a similar or even more elaborated concept (e.g. the littlenavmap-ingame panel)

Help would be greatly appreciated and of course I'd need some kind of api interface access to vPilot or Vatspy - so devs step forward!

Like means - I like the idea.

Have a safe flight!
Guten Flug und eine sichere Landung!

Marius

Disclaimer: There is a collection of ingame panels out which I find very useful, it even contains a vatsim panel. However it was sadly not synchronized correctly with the vpilot software therefore displaying too little or wrong information. So I guess he did not have access to the vpilot/vatspy data.
FlightSimulator.me - Ingamepanels Pack for MSFS - FlightSim.Com Store

• Like 1

That is the panel - in an older version - I was talking about. It has some imo serious design flaws for VR

- all the names/frequencies are way to small to read

- coverage is not depicted correctly, does not mirror vatspy/vpilot's state

- therefore distinguishing between e.g. langen radar and frankfurt departure is almost impossible

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, Marius Kark said:

Help would be greatly appreciated and of course I'd need some kind of api interface access to vPilot or Vatspy - so devs step forward!

Did you hear anything back from the Devs about this?