You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

RL ATC

Thomas Stutler 860064

Thomas Stutler 860064
Posted
Posted

I apologize in advance to the mods if this is in the wrong place.

I'm interested in becoming an ATC in the real world. I'm going to bee searching the web for info on how to get started. Can anyone help narrow my search?

Desktop:

CPU: 1.8 Ghz AMD | RAM: 1.5 GB | Video: 256 MB ATi Radeon 9550 | OS: Win XP Home SP2 & Ubuntu Linux 6.10

Laptop:

CPU: 650 Mhz P3 | RAM: 256 MB | Video: 8MB ATi Mobility M1 | OS: Ubuntu Linux 6.10 or Win2k SP4

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Nate Johns
Posted
Posted

SO true with those food stamps man. You ain't kiddin.

~Nate

Nate Johns

"All things are difficult before they are easy."

- Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Travis Faudree 821145
Posted
Posted

Is that before or after the Blakey induced pay cut?

Kevin Noe 895858
Posted
Posted

i wish i could get food stamps they pay just enough for you not to qualify for them ( in training that is ).. Its not a bad job if you can learn to put up with some bs. Maybe if you do this and get here when its not a warzone it will be better. good luck.

Kevin

Real ZMA

2610.png

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

Before and after. Even under the old contract, ATC trainees were payed $8 something an hour. Considering that the new presidentially-proposed minimum wage is $7.10/hr, I think $8/hr is relatively pathetic for college graduates.

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

• 3 weeks later...
Brenton Dickerson 987135
Posted
Posted

Before and after. Even under the old contract, ATC trainees were payed $8 something an hour. Considering that the new presidentially-proposed minimum wage is $7.10/hr, I think $8/hr is relatively pathetic for college graduates.

not to bring up an old topic.. but ... WOW!!! ... $8/hr... yes, that entirely pathetic wage for well-educated people that literally have lives in their hands. Might as well go 6 more years and become a Doctor

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

not to bring up an old topic.. but ... WOW!!! ... $8/hr... yes, that entirely pathetic wage for well-educated people that literally have lives in their hands. Might as well go 6 more years and become a Doctor

There are Police Officers in SW Illinois that make $8/hr Pretty bad.....

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

There are convicted criminals sitting in prison today collecting federal pensions worth more than the an ATC can ever earn in a year under the new system. If I were a high school guidance counselor, I'd advise all my kids to lie, cheat, steal (and whatever else it takes) to get elected to Congress! Forget all those prestigious scholarships, grants, etc... this is the competition you need to enter:

http://dwb.heraldonline.com/24hour/weird/story/3458715p-12669276c.html

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Ryan Gamurot 994490
Posted
Posted

I know a friend who works in a school library part time. $18/hr and there isn't much to do. Here in Hawai'i, bus drivers get paid more than teachers do! I think pay is now second on the list. First is that you just have to love what you're doing.

Ryan Gamurot

Lucky to live Hawai'i

Brenton Dickerson 987135
Posted
Posted
I know a friend who works in a school library part time. $18/hr and there isn't much to do. Here in Hawai'i, bus drivers get paid more than teachers do! I think pay is now second on the list. First is that you just have to love what you're doing.

I agree; you MUST like what you do to truly succeed.