You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How does one network x-Pilot?

• x-pilot
  • networking

Robert Halmich

Go to solution Solved by Justin Shannon,

Robert Halmich
Posted
Posted (edited)

x-Pilot will not connect to X-Plane on a slave computer.

I installed and configured x-Pilot and CSL on the X-Plane (slave) computer and installed a second copy of x-Pilot on the master computer which is networked with the slave computer. I typed ".visualip 123.123.1.123" (not my real ip) and restarted x-Pilot on the master computer and it would not connect whether x-Pilot was running on the slave or not.

I uninstalled/reinstalled x-Pilot again on both PC's and left the path blank when the step to install the CSL library came as it was already installed into X-Plane 11\Resources\Plugins.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get x-Pilot to connect via the master computer?

Thank you in advance.

Robert

Edited by Robert Halmich

• Solution
Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

xPilot doesn't have a true master/slave functionality like vPilot does; only one copy of the actual client needs to be running. However, you can configure it to run on a different computer and/or configure additional "visual" computers.

Install the xPilot client on the machine you want xPilot to be running on. If it's installed on a different machine than where X-Plane is installed, type the command .simip 1.2.3.4 (where 1.2.3.4 is the IP of the machine where X-Plane is running). If xPilot is running on the same machine as your master X-Plane instance, no need to specify the simip.

If you have a master copy of X-Plane and multiple "visual" computers, then you can enable the visual computers by typing the command .visualip 1.2.3.4 (again, replacing 1.2.3.4 with the IP of the X-Plane visual machine. If you have multiple visual machines, separate the IP's with spaces, so .visualip 1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5 1.2.3.6).

Be sure to restart the xPilot client after configuring the simip and/or visualip.

The xPilot plugin needs to be installed on each instance of X-Plane for this to work. It's probably easiest to just run the installer on each machine but only launch the xPilot client on the machine where you want to use the client.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Halmich
Posted
Posted

Hello Justin,

Thank you very much for your reply and detailed information you provided.

I will give it a go following your instructions and report back.

Robert

Robert Halmich
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Justin,

The instructions worked great! I can now connect via the client PC.

Thanks for making this such an awesome program!

Robert

Edited by Robert Halmich
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Cassaundravanessa Furlong
Posted
Posted

Hello , Can anyone tell me why I am getting an error response from XPILOT? (Unable to submit flight plan. Not connected to network.  

P.S Xplane 11.55 user.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You got that error because you weren't connected to the network before trying to file your flight plan.  To file a flight plan through your pilot client, you need to have your sim booted up, plane parked in a non-movement area at the airport, xPilot running, connected to VATSIM.

Also -- your problem had nothing to do with the topic of this post, so, consider starting a new thread for a new question next time.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 3 weeks later...
Dick Tucker
Posted
Posted

Brilliant Justin, thank you! 

• 1 year later...
aaron mack
Posted
Posted

I know this is an old topic where you type the simip and you ip at? for xpilot to be networked

• 2 weeks later...
Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

You will type them (.simip or .visualip) in the text entry field. Same where you will write all text messages.

But are you sure you need .simip command? 

And you have to enter the . in the beginning.

ACH2118.jpg