You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Avoiding automatic coordination for COPX beyond sector boundary

Jonas Kuster

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I might be missing something quite essential, but I remember times when there were possibilities to define a COPX beyond the own sector boundary and I was able to provide a direct to any flight up to this point. Now this point, despite the intended COPX rule is captured, is marked already to be subject to coordination (marked with the ID of the next sectors controller). I would expect this point (as it is the agreed COPX) NOT to be subject to coordination as proposed by ES. Am I wrong?

How do you manage to implement COPX outside of the transferring sector?

PS: I'm aware of the option "Allow direct beyond COPX point", but this is just to mute any coordination that is not in your own sector. I would want to mute such coordination until and including the COPX. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

Until someone has an answer, you can always right click the COPX point in the direct menu to avoid coordination (with ES beta). Not sure about individual points.

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Matisse VanWezer 1385143 said:

Until someone has an answer, you can always right click the COPX point in the direct menu to avoid coordination (with ES beta). Not sure about individual points.

I'm aware, thanks. I need to assume this has been broken at some time during development. Because otherwise there wouldn't be a reason for an option "Allow direct beyond COPX point". This at least to me suggests that otherwise direct up to the COPX are allowed.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

It would indeed be nice to see it return. Or else, be able to define a set of points to which no coordination is required even though they are outside the controller's airspace (just like in real life).

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

Open scratchpad, put name, hit enter. DCT will be there without coordination.

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

VATSIMer since 2009, IRL pilot rated.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mateusz Zymla said:

Open scratchpad, put name, hit enter. DCT will be there without coordination.

Well, that's the same as right click in the COPX list. But I would like to have an option to correctly identify the waypoints where coordination is needed and where it is not.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

• 1 year later...
Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

We found the same problem recently, the lack of ability to define a COP beyond sector AoR.