You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot TX/RX Boxes flashing on and off

Adzhar Musa

Adzhar Musa
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello!

I'm quite new to the network and I was wondering if someone shares the same problem as mine. 

As I log on the network,  the TX and RX boxes on my vPilot client continuously fluctuate between greyed out and solid white. When I tune in a frequency, I can hear ATC clearly but their message get cut out mid-sentence as the TX/RX box grey out. The same goes with transmitting on the frequency. When I load my aircraft, I ensure that it's fully powered up and configured for push and start before starting v-Pilot. I also tried tuning from Unicom to Ground to Center and its all the same. I also tried changing servers to see if it was a connection problem but the problem still persists. What worked out for me as a 50/50 fix though re-installing vPilot but it doesn't always work.

I'm hoping someone could give me some suggestions on what else I could try to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Client: v-Pilot (latest)
Simulator: FSX (Boxed)
Aircraft: Level-D 767

radio.JPG

Edited by Adzhar Musa

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If the TX/RX letters are grayed out, it means that the radios are not powered or have failed. vPilot checks the SimConnect variables for Master Battery Power and Avionics Power, as well as the radio status variable.

Sounds like something is messing with one or more of those variables. Does this happen with default FSX aircraft like the Cessna 172? Are you running any other SimConnect add-ons that could be interfering?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Adzhar Musa
Posted
Posted

I tried running vPilot with default and other payware aircraft and it runs fine with no issues. Seems like it's a problem with the Level-D. I also tried loading other panel states in the LD767 and switching between default aircraft and the LD767 but the flashing symptom only occur with the LD767.

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Certainly sounds like it's the LDS767 that is the issue.  I use that aircraft but have not experienced this issue.   Have you installed the current files from Flight1 as there have been patches for Windows 10 compatibility etc.  Alternatively there is a patch at LevelD's own site along with 2 service packs.    May be worth trying them.   Last resort, post on the LevelD Support Forum.

Andrew