You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Ground Layout Conversion to .ASR File

Kenzo Tayko

Kenzo Tayko
Posted
Posted (edited)

Greetings! 

I have decided to create a ground layout for a local airport here in our vACC, I've exported my layout to KML file from Google Earth. However, almost all discussion here points out to convert that to a SCT file. I am planning to convert it to an ASR file. Any help would be appreciated. 

Sincerely, 

Miguel

image.thumb.png.35fcfdc2ad2d080a9620298863d61f74.png

EDIT: I already created a working sector and asr file. Thanks for the help @mubarak ahmed

Edited by MIGUEL TAYKO

KENZO MIGUEL TAYKO
ACCPHL7 |
vACC Philippines, Manager - Facilities 
📧 
| [email protected]                                         

edva.png.58cfba478da6ace0d939548a89255cbf.png            fb.png.bbfd24ca74fd1d62a9bde75d650459fe.png             ig.png.51b9f7523c04e7be57759be499e123bf.png            1310810341_NewProject.png.3fcb043b03bb94923323500468e31bec.png

VATPHIL | The Philippines vACC is not affiliated with the CAAP, the actual Philippines ACC, or any governing aviation body. All content contained herein is approved only for use on the VATSIM network.

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

You definitely want to convert it to SCT. The sct holds all the information about how things are drawn (e.g. "the runway has these four corners and the interior is grey" or "these lines make up all the taxiways"). The ASR only holds information about which of these elements should be displayed (e.g. "just the runway", "just the taxiways" or "both"). The ASR cannot work without the lines in the SCT because it does not contain any information about what the items it asks the program to display look like.

Mubarak Ahmed
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MIGUEL TAYKO said:

Greetings! 

I have decided to create a ground layout for a local airport here in our vACC, I've exported my layout to KML file from Google Earth. However, almost all discussion here points out to convert that to a SCT file. I am planning to convert it to an ASR file. Any help would be appreciated. 

Sincerely, 

Miguel

image.thumb.png.35fcfdc2ad2d080a9620298863d61f74.png

Hi, PM me on discord I can walk you through the process (Mubarak#0001)

Edited by mubarak ahmed
  • Thanks 1

MUBARAK AHMED 

Operations Director | Deputy Director

VATSIM Middle East & North Africa | North East Africa vACC              

[email protected]
[email protected]

1PekhN2x1-GAM4u5ON4tduRByXh8wYj4n