You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can i get ACsim or something like it for a home network?

Alexander Fairlie 852562

Alexander Fairlie 852562
Posted
Posted

i have 2 networked computers at home and am wondering if i can get ACsim or something like it for VRC to connect to...

that way i could run sessions on my own dedicated server at home and be controlling or be teaching with friends or family on the two computers in my house

any help much appreciated... thanks in advance...

Andras Kiss 888081
Posted
Posted

Prior to there being a vatsim run sweatbox server people hosted their own sessions through a software called personalFSD I believe. It may be floating around out there somewhere, hell I might even still have a copy. I am not sure if I am allowed to give it out though. Vatsim whats the policy? Anyway, personalFSD worked pretty well but iirc it doesn't work behind a router. You need a direct cable modem connection or dialup. (I remember when I was training my mentor always had to disconnect his laptop from the router and dialup on the phone line to do sweatbox with me. He hated that )

Cheers!

Andras Kiss

NYARTCC Controller 3, NYARTCC Mentor

NYARTCC [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Webmaster

3.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

VRC will not connect to Personal FSD or anything other than a VATSIM server.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 1 month later...
Brandon Knitter 1000808
Posted
Posted

What about ASRC? I'd like to practice at home. Is there a way for me to set up any server(s) to just practice on my own with random traffic without the need for an instructor?