You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Access to make sector for Sudan

Adel Haiba

Adel Haiba
Posted
Posted

Greetings,

Would like an access permission to start develop our sector for Sudan, Me and my friend are experienced in making sectors, and we just finished our Euroscope project, and we would love to help expand the sectors for the new VatSys client as well.

Thanks and regards

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Hi Adel

Of course you are free to develop for vatSys, welcome aboard. 

https://www.virtualairtrafficsystem.com/docs/dpk/

https://github.com/vatSys/xml-tools

I suggest you start by copying the Australia Dataset and learning how to create some Maps and Positions by hand or from your sector files 

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Adel Haiba
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jake Saw said:

Hi Adel

I suggest you start by copying the Australia Dataset and learning how to create some Maps and Positions by hand or from your sector files 

Hello Jake,

I made already some positions and airspace, but How to make Sudan's Profile show up in the list, I've opened the profile of Australia but it point to some URLs, How to create a local profile for my sector, I can't get my head around this issue :-).

Regards

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Create a folder for your profile eg. Documents\vatSys Files\Profiles\Sudan

Copy across your files.

Edit Profile.xml something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Profile Name="Sudan" FullName="Eurocat Sudan">
    <Version AIRAC="2108" Revision="a" PublishDate="20210812" />
    <Servers>
        <VATSIMStatus url="https://status.vatsim.net/" />
        <GRIB url="https://sawbe.com/GRIB/" />
        <G2G url="antifaff.vatsys.sawbe.com" port="64738" />
    </Servers>    
</Profile>

If you have the profile in a folder in vatSys Files\Profiles, it will appear automatically in the profile selection list - otherwise click Browse.

image.png.b01d4fa95c9d0bbc3ca6ca91db86d68c.png

Jake

Developer - vatSys

Adel Haiba
Posted
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Jake Saw said:

Create a folder for your profile eg. Documents\vatSys Files\Profiles\Sudan

Copy across your files.

Edit Profile.xml something like this:

If you have the profile in a folder in vatSys Files\Profiles, it will appear automatically in the profile selection list - otherwise click Browse.

image.png.b01d4fa95c9d0bbc3ca6ca91db86d68c.png

Yes Jake I've already created some files and I've puted in the profile folder, but it doesn't show up, maybe because I didn't created a profile.xml file yet,

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Adel Haiba

Adel Haiba
Posted
Posted

Ok Thanks Jake it works now, I'll continue working now

• 5 months later...
Mubarak Ahmed
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2021 at 1:05 AM, Jake Saw said:

Hi Adel

Hi Jack, 

We are seriously thinking of moving our sectors (HAAA/HSSS/HHAA/HCSM) from Euroscope to VatSys as we found it's the most realistic software for our ATC environment, however I have a few questions regarding the software;

Can you create sweatbox training scenarios, if so, can you still use existing ES formats? 

How dose VatSys deals with traffic flying from radar to procedural airspace and vice versa, also COPXs, LOAs and adjacent controllers with different ATC clients?

Finally, converting existing sector files from ES to VatSys, do we still have to re-do the ground layouts from scratch or is there's a tool to help us use existing layouts?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions but those are some which I couldn't find an answer to, we also currently use aeronav GNG system to build and maintain sector files, is there's an easy way to transfer the data from it to VatSys?

Thanks,

Mubarak

Edited by mubarak ahmed

MUBARAK AHMED 

Operations Director | Deputy Director

VATSIM Middle East & North Africa | North East Africa vACC              

[email protected]
[email protected]

1PekhN2x1-GAM4u5ON4tduRByXh8wYj4n

Adel Haiba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Jake,

What are the minimum files needed, for VatSys to  start up the profile, without errors?
Please decode for me the error_log attached.

System.Xml
There is an error in XML document (8, 3).
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at vatsys.RDP.LoadRadarsAndStart()
   at vatsys.MainForm..ctor()
   at vatsys.Program.Main()

Regards

Edited by Adel Haiba

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted
On 1/30/2022 at 3:44 PM, mubarak ahmed said:

Hi Jack, 

We are seriously thinking of moving our sectors (HAAA/HSSS/HHAA/HCSM) from Euroscope to VatSys as we found it's the most realistic software for our ATC environment, however I have a few questions regarding the software;

Can you create sweatbox training scenarios, if so, can you still use existing ES formats? 

How dose VatSys deals with traffic flying from radar to procedural airspace and vice versa, also COPXs, LOAs and adjacent controllers with different ATC clients?

Finally, converting existing sector files from ES to VatSys, do we still have to re-do the ground layouts from scratch or is there's a tool to help us use existing layouts?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions but those are some which I couldn't find an answer to, we also currently use aeronav GNG system to build and maintain sector files, is there's an easy way to transfer the data from it to VatSys?

Thanks,

Mubarak

Hi Mubarak

vatSys can connect to Sweatbox. There is no built in simulator though - so another application must be used to simulate aircraft. 

Radar is simulated with line of sight and terrain shielding accounted for. Tracks will transition from radar (circles) to flight plan (squares) as they leave radar coverage. There are the full range of procedural tools incorporated (route probe, area of conflict, closest approach etc.) and pilot estimates are synchronised between vatSys clients. 

Euroscope compatible exit coordination is not available in vatSys. I do not have access to the packet specification. It may be added one day though. 

I don’t think anyone has tools for converting .SCT ground maps to vatSys XML, so you may have to start from scratch. If you know any programmers, it is possible (shouldn’t be difficult) to write conversion tools in their preferred language. Same for aeronav - I don’t think anyone has written tools for this yet.  

• Like 1

Jake

Developer - vatSys

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Adel Haiba said:

Hello Jake,

What are the minimum files needed, for VatSys to  start up the profile, without errors?
Please decode for me the error_log attached.

System.Xml
There is an error in XML document (8, 3).
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at vatsys.Program.Main()

Regards

This seems to be an error with the Radars.xml file 

Jake

Developer - vatSys

Mubarak Ahmed
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jake Saw said:

Hi Mubarak

vatSys can connect to Sweatbox. There is no built in simulator though - so another application must be used to simulate aircraft. 

Radar is simulated with line of sight and terrain shielding accounted for. Tracks will transition from radar (circles) to flight plan (squares) as they leave radar coverage. There are the full range of procedural tools incorporated (route probe, area of conflict, closest approach etc.) and pilot estimates are synchronised between vatSys clients. 

Euroscope compatible exit coordination is not available in vatSys. I do not have access to the packet specification. It may be added one day though. 

I don’t think anyone has tools for converting .SCT ground maps to vatSys XML, so you may have to start from scratch. If you know any programmers, it is possible (shouldn’t be difficult) to write conversion tools in their preferred language. Same for aeronav - I don’t think anyone has written tools for this yet.  

Thank you Jack, 

Me and Adel were trying to create a sample sector file yesterday by converting the existing .SCT and .ESE, unfortunately it's more difficult then we thought, our sectors rely on TopSky and other plugins to provide information like SSR codes and radar coverage rather than the built-in ES features, we noticed whenever when we doing the conversion it's comes out with some missing data, like ATC positions.

I don't know, if you can have a look at the sector file and maybe help us with the initial bit to start off with.

It's available here:

https://files.aero-nav.com/HSSS

Edited by mubarak ahmed

MUBARAK AHMED 

Operations Director | Deputy Director

VATSIM Middle East & North Africa | North East Africa vACC              

[email protected]
[email protected]

1PekhN2x1-GAM4u5ON4tduRByXh8wYj4n

Adel Haiba
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jake Saw said:

This seems to be an error with the Radars.xml file 

Good day Jake,

I managed fixing alot of errors now, like NAVDATA out of date and RADARS, but bumped with this new error, I don't know what's DEM.xml stands for, I searched the documentation as well, It seems that I couldn't find a solution.

Error output:-

System.Xml
There is an error in XML document (3, 67).
   at vatsys.Program.Main()

Please check the attached photo as well.

Thanks and regards.

Capture.JPG

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

The xml error stopping vatsys from loading is still due to Radars.xml at position (3, 67). 

The missing file (DEM.xml) warning is for the digital elevation data. Just copy the Australian file to begin with

Jake

Developer - vatSys

• 9 months later...
Adel Haiba
Posted
Posted
On 2/1/2022 at 6:11 AM, Jake Saw said:

The xml error stopping vatsys from loading is still due to Radars.xml at position (3, 67). 

The missing file (DEM.xml) warning is for the digital elevation data. Just copy the Australian file to begin with

Greetings Jake,

I hope you're doing well, Just a question crossed my mind, what is the minimum required files for VatSys to open without errors.

Thanks and regards,