FPS in MSFS 2020 drops drastically with vPilot/VATSIM active...

Martin Gruendel

Hello. When i use the vPilot client in MSFS 2020 for flying with VATSIM, my FPS drops always drastically down minus 10-20 FPS… I have generally max. 30 FPS with my Laptop, so when i stay or fly on a (“busy”) airport, the sim is not usable any more because the FPS goes sometimes down 10 FPS. Without vPilot i can fly with no problems.

What could be wrong now? I have Windows 11, 16GB RAM, GTX 1650 4GB GPU. Thanks!

Edited by Martin Gruendel

• Martin Gruendel changed the title to FPS in MSFS 2020 drops drastically with vPilot/VATSIM active...

Does this happen regardless of whether the airspace around you is empty or busy?  The only line of questioning I can think of is, are you using only low-poly AI models for your model-matching?  Make sure you don't have your model-matching default plane set to a highly complex model like one you would fly.  You don't need your sim trying to render thirty copies of the PMDG DC-6 all around you so that you can see every gauge, dial, switch, lever, circuit breaker, and aircraft system for each one of them.  If you've (a) changed the default model-match model or (b) added any custom model match rules, make sure you aren't pointing ANY of them to a "flyable" aircraft model, and only to low-poly, exterior-only models which are specifically created to represent OTHER planes around you.

If it's not that, I have no other thoughts -- but hopefully it helps, or, it helps you rule that out as a cause and someone else can chime in.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Same problem, if V Pilot is open, (I don't even have to be connected to vatsim to experience this problem) there is a service called "State repository service" (or something like that) that starts using like 50% if I move the camera (in msfs).  I have a GTX 1650 super, ryzen 3200G, 16Gb ram and I'm running windows 11.

I have tested everything again in detail ... vPilot is not the problem! I have a "gaming notebook" with a GTX 1650 and an external monitor connected to it via HDMI. My MSFS 2020 is running on the 27 "monitor and I have vPilot, Vat-Spy and Little Navmaps running on the notebook... As soon as I go down with the mouse pointer on the notebook screen and click on the screen, the FPS go extremely down. If I go to the external main monitor again with clicking the mouse, the FPS go up again immediately. So i think that has something to do with Windows 11. Then in the Windows Task Manager, I have various system services running that use my CPU up to 100%. Absolutely everything will then sluggish and even shutting down Windows takes forever ... So no vPilot problem!

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue  i tried lowering the no of aircrafts to display to 40nm radius .. it helped a bit but not too much .

specs: i5 8600k , Rtx3060ti,16gig ddr4 2400 mhz ram and win 10 os .

Edited by pritam maity