You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid protocol revision error on connection

Kristofer Pierson

Kristofer Pierson
Posted
Posted

I am able to connect to the network just fine with vERAM.

However, when I connect with VRC or vSTARS I get the "Error: Invalid protocol revision" message and get disconnected.

Happens on all servers, Win10, fresh installs of latest versions of everything.

I see this has come up several times in VATISM forum threads, but haven't found any solutions. Any advice?

Thanks in advance. Cheers;

"No sir, I did not clear you for a PRM."

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Dumb question time, but, are you running the latest version of both VRC and vSTARS?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Kristofer Pierson
Posted
Posted

Yep. Read my OP.

I DM'd the developer too, and he evidently wants this solved by the forum (because he asked me to post this to the forum).

Which passively means that it's not a software problem, it is a network problem.

So, here we are.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You're right; I missed that.  Sorry.  No clue what else to suggest -- hope someone else chimes in with something more useful!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Kristofer Pierson
Posted
Posted

Issue resolved, folks. Here is the scoop:

The issue was perhaps a "not as clean as required" install on Win10. IU basically had to go through and delete any files (including file folders) for vSTARS. Your PC needs to be set as if it never knew the program. Make sure you do an install with a clean config file. THEN after install, enter basics in setting for login (Network tab).