You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid CID/Password

Brian Green

Brian Green
Posted
Posted

Hello, I passed the exam back in July and am just now installing VPilot.  I've verified my CID and Password are correct, but can't seem to connect.  Please help.  I've looked around throughout the forum and people's problems are generally that they hadn't taken/passed the exam yet, but I did so two months ago.  

[04:11:04] Connecting to network...
[04:11:04] Connected to network.
[04:11:04] Network error: Invalid CID/password
[04:11:04] Connected to voice server.
[04:11:06] Disconnected from network.
[04:11:07] Disconnected from voice server.

Brian Green
Posted
Posted

Cancel this ticket.  The issue seems to have resolved itself.  Maybe I needed to give it more time.  Thank you.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yep, you may have missed that big IMPORTANT NOTE in the big blue box in the center of the password reset page....  😉😉😉

• IMPORTANT NOTE: It can normally take up to an hour for new/updated membership information and credentials to be passed to all servers. So if it has been less than an hour since completing your New Member Orientation, reactivating your account, or a password change, if your preferred server rejects your credentials, the synchronization may not have happened yet, and requesting another password change will reset the clock.

Just teasing a little, of course!   😉😉😉  

In all seriousness, welcome aboard!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations