You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SkyLink Virtual Airline call sign recognition (SIK)

Jean Louis Di Fede

Jean Louis Di Fede
Posted
Posted

Dear all,

My name is Jean Louis Di Fede and I'm representing SkyLink Virtual Airline (https://skylinkvirtual.com/) and I'm asking the forum help to solve a topic is really near our heart.

We've been recently recognized by Vatsim as an approved VA (https://my.vatsim.net/virtual-airlines) and we'd like all VaCC in the world to have in their own system our callsign. In Italy this have already happened and would be incredibly nice to spread the word around.

Our call sign is SIK and stands for SkiLink, now we're putting in vpilot this remark SKYLINKVIRTUAL.COM / CS SKYLINK but is not really helping 

How I can convey the message or better to create a contact list for VaCC all over the world? My second aim is also to create a network to organize events and share information and experiences.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Have a good weekend you all,

Jean

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

It is my understanding that the majority of controllers won’t see your FP comments, so good initiative but probably does help too much.

maybe engage the local region training director, and ask that they push out on their message media that you are a VATSIM partner and the details.

‘Not sure if this happens, but it would be great if VATSIM approving authority sent out advice to regions of approved VSOA airlines.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Jean and Sean

Thanks for your feedback. We will consider to pass the information to the specific regions. But bad thing is many regions and division don't have a VA Department as most of them focus more on controllers than on the pilot department. 

Edited by Tim Wong

Jean Louis Di Fede
Posted
Posted

Thanks both for you kind answers. I’d like to better clarify my request.

In the ICAO_Airlines file in Euroscope our callsign SIK is wrongly assigned to another VA(see in attach) and registered in GNG. 
we’d like than this to be changed globally.13FBB68E-5728-4D86-AEDF-C99B435A4F93.thumb.jpeg.f9fe7112461a6d2db6a416472c8178fe.jpeg

Thanks again!

Jean Louis Di Fede
Posted
Posted

hi,

as far as we know this airline doesn’t exist anymore instead the callsign is still in euroscope list. That’s why we’re trying to have it assigned to us. Otherwise there might be any other solution ?

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I could be wrong, but do any radar clients tell the user what airline callsign is assigned.  I haven’t used ES, but I’ve never seen anything in the client that says to call any aircraft a particular name.  

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Jean Louis Di Fede
Posted
Posted

The problem we have is exactly  that in Euro Scope SIK is referring to Sika instead of SkyLink. This is what we’re aiming to correct.

cheers

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Euroscope is the only client that does it it appears on the bottom bar below the communications box along with decoded airport names and aircraft types. Euroscope is not used globally. Clients are built by third party developers, sector files and sector data is provided by most vACCs, so making a request for the data to be updated globally is not the way to go about it.

Continue to get your pilots to write in the remarks if controllers are not looking at the remarks then you can't do anything about it. I always look if I see an ICAO code I don't recognise and often there is nothing there, so potentially controllers don't look any more.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Jean Louis Di Fede
Posted
Posted

Thanks, even it is not a great news :P