You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Fetching Flightplan

Dave Ford

Dave Ford
Posted
Posted

Last night I flew my first flight just perfect, pre filed the FP with Simbrief, and Fetched it in vPilot.  When I tried to do my second flight, vPilot would not fetch it.  I tried again today, same thing, it is now populating a blank FP. Navigraph can see it OK, and I can load it into the MCDU of the A320 FBW.  I did nothing different in between flights other than generate a new flight and pre file.  Thanks for your help.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Ford said:

Fetched it in vPilot

There really isn't any reason for you to fetch it in vpilot.

Navigraph can see it OK

Navigraph won't be seeing your online flight plan. Could you see it on vatspy or similar?

can load it into the MCDU of the A320 FBW

Again this won't be using your online filed flight plan.

I did nothing different in between flights other than generate a new flight and pre file.

Did you change callsigns? 

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Dave Ford
Posted
Posted

I only mentioned that Navigraph and the MCDU saw the new plan, to say it was generated by Simbrief properly. 

I did change my call sign, and I believe this was the root of the problem. I started off fresh with a completely new plan, and although it all looked correct, i reentered my callsign and plane type in the connect window. It worked. So something was off, and I think it was plane type. 

Your the 2nd person to say I shouldn’t have to fetch in vPilot. But when I connect, there is no Flight plan to file, unless I fetch it. Am I doing something wrong ?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Dave Ford said:

Your the 2nd person to say I shouldn’t have to fetch in vPilot. But when I connect, there is no Flight plan to file, unless I fetch it. Am I doing something wrong ?

If you prefiled, then you have no need to file, thus you have no need to fetch.

That being said, there are times when fetching the plan is useful. For example, I'll fetch the flight plan in vPilot if I know that ATC has made an amendment. By fetching it, the copy I see in the vPilot flight plan window matches exactly what ATC sees, and it serves as a good reference in case I need to check the route or cruising altitude while setting up my FMC. (And this is only necessary if ATC didn't send me a pre-departure clearance (PDC) via text, in which case the PDC serves as my reference for the flight plan with any amendments made by ATC.)

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

When you prefile your flight plan is filed to the network there is no need to re file it again through the pilot client. 

Upon connection after prefiling a flight plan only two items must match, call sign and ID. Everything else is irrelevant, if there is no match for those two items the prefiled flight plan will not link to your pilot connection. 

The aircraft you enter in vpilot connection box is for other pilot clients to know what to display you as to other pilots. If you prefile A320 and connect as A321, ATC will see you as an A320 and other pilots will see you as A321.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Dave Ford
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much everyone. Very Helpful info.