Redbird TD2 cannot set PTT button on yoke

Tony Aiello

Hi,

I am very new to this forum and am in the process of setting up a TD2 with vpilot.  When I attempt to set the PTT button to a button on the yoke, the vpilot config doesn’t see the button press.  It works fine to set up a keyboard button but I cannot set it to any of the buttons on the sim itself.  When I run a simulation and press the PTT button on the yoke, the simulation shows I shift to transmission in the coms display so I know the button works and is recognized by the PC.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I’m missing?

thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

That did the trick… everything seems to be operating normally. Still trying to find the PTT work around. I hear there’s a USB PTT button you can find on Amazon. Might give that a shot. I do get a message when I first start vPilot that says name unrecognized or something to that effect, but the client works properly.

A NAME_UNRECOGNIZED error from simconnect generally means vPilot is trying to read a simvar that isn't available in the loaded aircraft. I see this a lot of you have an avatar loaded in p3d instead of an actual aircraft. Does Redbird start in avatar mode?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC