You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift not connected to FSX how do I connect to fly

Rick Panfil

Rick Panfil
Posted
Posted

Hello ,

I installed swit but it never conneted to the program FSX. I used to use co-pilot to fly which was very easy. In the Flight sim I would connect by the "add on" interface. But with swift there's a step I missed . In the mutiplayer mode in FSX they ask for connection to game spy nothing about swift so thats not it. I was watching the video connection before your first flight but that was very generic no mention for error's and how to fix them. Can someone let me know what I missed? Thank you Rick 

2021-11-01.png

Claude ROULLIER
Posted
Posted

Hi Rick, 

A better place for your problem: 

And even better on the dedicated Discord chanel: swift project (swift-project.org)

• Thanks 1

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Rick,

I see you are using the correct 32bit version of swift. When you installed swift, did you select the drivers for FSX? Somehow swift cannot talk to FSX.

Have you tried to uninstall swift and install it one more time? No worries, you will not lose your settings as they are being saved in another folder in your "AppData" directory.

In case that you are using "Discord", I'd suggest that you join our swift support server, the invitation link can be found here: https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=contact

We can also try to schedule screensharing session through Skype or TeamViewer, as you like.

EDIT: Claude was quicker, good man! 🙂

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Rick Panfil
Posted
Posted

Thank you both but unfortunetly I still can not connect. I reinstalled the program , that didn't help and

I tried the transponder link but that did not help. 

I can do a team viewer I believe.

Any other settings I need to try?

2021-11-01 (2).png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I can see that you are still not connected to your SIM (the LED type light on the top, right to "simulator" is OFF.

Just to be sure: you do have FSUIPC up and running in your SIM, don't you?

Rick Panfil
Posted
Posted

I do not have FSUIPC let me down load that again I deleted it thinking that Swift handeled it all.. 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I never used FSX and I thought that "Simconnect" would handle the exchange of data between the SIM and swift (and other clients), but I am not sure. FSUIPC may be worth a try.

Rick Panfil
Posted
Posted

Do you know if there is a free download of simconnect? FSUIPC I would have to pay for...

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am not a Swift user, but if you are using FSX-SE, there are legacy versions of Simconnect which can be installed. FSX-SE does not seem to install them by default.     If you have them they are in the following location-

C:/Steam/SteamApps/Common/FSX/SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnectSDK/Legacy Interface 

There should be three version in there.  Run the .msi file in each and that installs all the legacy versions.   FSX will then use the version it needs.

Edited by Andrew McCabe
  • Thanks 1