You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM PTD

Sean Harrison

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Is there a way to enrol in the IR course with the ‘standalone’ VATSIM PTD?

Each time I try and login I get an error.

36A5E498-3792-441B-A820-06996E2783B3.png

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

That login is for ATO staff to post completed ratings to the network database, if I understand correctly.  If you want the IR course you enroll with an ATO.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Ok.  I went to Vatsim.net then pilots then ATO’s and on the list is VATSIM PTD per below image offering IR.  You are saying they don’t offer ratings?

3D0508B1-E794-4A84-87FE-79F76F2646C7.jpeg

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

VATSIM PTD does offer ratings but only through a transfer process from equivalent real-world ratings. That is why they are on the list that you posted. If you want actual training, you would need to enrol with one of the ATOs listed at https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/atos

Tomas Hansson

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Sean,

Sorry, I missed this message over the weekend.

As Tomas and Rob have already outlined, the VATSIM PTD ATO currently exists primarily for administrative purposes to issue ratings based on real world certificates  (and as a hangover from the days when there was a self-study P1 course).

As such, currently you would need to select one of the external ATOs for training toward a pilot rating. I appreciate this may be confusing: I’ll see if we can get some clarification on the website.

Simon

• Thanks 1

Vice President, Pilot Training