You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No audio from xpilot

Rusty Cerveny

Rusty Cerveny
Posted
Posted

Everything is connecting correctly but I dont have audio. I can type messages and communicate with the keyboard but cannot receive any instructions via voice. Can anyone help me find a place to start?

Clemens Martin
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Rusty Cerveny said:

Everything is connecting correctly but I dont have audio. I can type messages and communicate with the keyboard but cannot receive any instructions via voice. Can anyone help me find a place to start?

Check the Audio setup under settings (correct audio devices, ...), some aircraft need to have a COM1/2 rx/tx activation... there are dot commands (described in the xPilot documentation):

1- .rx com1 on

2- .rx com2 on

3- .tx com1

Thats basically what you need if unsure with the aircraft comms panel setup (e.g. i know Flightfactor 757 needs some knobs changed from default, so simply using the dot commands above, is the easiest way)

Also when the receivers/transceivers are "active" you will see white borders around it on the top left on xPilot.

Cheerz,

Clem

Rusty Cerveny
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the reply - unfortunately it did not correct my issue. I loaded Xpilot on a 2nd computer and got it to work via network connection. At this point my assumption is that it's a windows configuration issue. I'm using a M-Audio Air 192-6 in/out device - not sure if it could be a sample rate issue or general compatibility problem.  The Air is working fine w/ Reaper (recording DAW). I am up and running w/ the 2nd computer but it is not optimal. Thank you in advance for any further assistance. 

Clemens Martin
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Rusty Cerveny said:

Thank you for the reply - unfortunately it did not correct my issue. I loaded Xpilot on a 2nd computer and got it to work via network connection. At this point my assumption is that it's a windows configuration issue. I'm using a M-Audio Air 192-6 in/out device - not sure if it could be a sample rate issue or general compatibility problem.  The Air is working fine w/ Reaper (recording DAW). I am up and running w/ the 2nd computer but it is not optimal. Thank you in advance for any further assistance. 

Well, the M-Audio Air 192-6 is some advanced mixing device i guess. If you see your microphone peaking in the xPilot Audio Settings tab, then its more likely a sound output problem. You can also try to "monitor" yourself by tuning com1 and com2 to the same frequency and adjust the M-Audio levellers, caution you may get massive audio "feedback", so don't blow your ears. Otherwise just get a cheap USB-Audio-Device where you can plug in your headset/mic, they are like < $20, so no big deal.