You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Taxi signs and taxiways in MSFS problem for online flying

Tommy Engman

Tommy Engman
Posted
Posted

Would it be possible for VATSIM and IVAO to jointly contact Asobo/Microsoft with a request for accurate taxi signs and taxiways on airliner airports? As it is now its up and down. Fairly OK for EGLL, catastrophic at LFPG for example. EDDB. LSZH. LEMD. A.s.o. How is it at US airports?

Tommy Engman ESNU

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

They are aware of many of our concerns including this one.

• Like 1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Is it just the signs or as well the general layout of these airports, that are faulty? Incorrect signs can be mitigated by using ground charts (e.g. count taxiways until turn to another taxiway is required) or by using a moving map - LittleNavMap comes to mind.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Programs like sim tool kit pro, (free) and navigraph with sim link (paid) can help you here, they offer tracking of your aircraft over a chart (navigraph) or zoomed in enough (sim tool kit pro)

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Jack Murphy
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, Tommy Engman said:

How is it at US airports?

During my time playing MSFS (I haven't played in 4 months) but from what I have seen, The taxiways and parking are pretty much up-to date in the United States. 
Then again when I did use MSFS I only flew out of ATL, BOS, and MCO so I can't speak for the entire United States. 

Edited by Jack Murphy

Thanks,

Ralph Kloess
Posted
Posted

My mileage varied in the US

Oakland was worst with the bump on rwy 30 short before W3.

I had outdated taxisigns, misaligned parking spots. Overall the scenery is fairly accurate and the quality is good.

On the flightsimulator.com forum is a list of missing airports (mostly tiny airfields or community airports)

Cheers

Ralph

Mike Teague
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Murphy said:

During my time playing MSFS (I haven't played in 4 months) but from what I have seen, The taxiways and parking are pretty much up-to date in the United States. 
Then again when I did use MSFS I only flew out of ATL, BOS, and MCO so I can't speak for the entire United States. 

basically every airport other than the "handcrafted" ones have procedurally generated fictional taxiway signs

it was literally the first thing i complained about during the alpha in 2019

Jack Murphy
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mike Teague said:

basically every airport other than the "handcrafted" ones have procedurally generated fictional taxiway signs

it was literally the first thing i complained about during the alpha in 2019

Id have to agree, I remember that my home airport the charts weren't up to date if I am correct.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
Andrej Lippay
Posted
Posted

Slightly off topic, but taxiway signs are hard to read as well. Custom made scenery is much easier to ready.