You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mode C not working in Vpilot when I click the button.

Michael Michno

Michael Michno
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone, I have been trying to get into VATSIM recently, but whenever I try to use the Mode C button in Vpilot it does not work. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

We found a bug in FSUIPC version 4.976 ... are you running that? John just released a fix earlier today in version 4.977.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Michael Michno
Posted
Posted

Not sure how I view which version I am using. Could you direct me to how to see that?

Michael Michno
Posted
Posted

Never mind, I found it out and I am using 4.976. If updating does not fix it I'll post here again.

Michael Michno
Posted
Posted

Ok, Turns out the FSUIPC bug was the issue. Thanks for your help, have a good day, and happy flying.

Michael Michno
Posted
Posted

Also, Is there an easy way to find out the active runway at my destination airport before I connect to the network?

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Michael Michno said:

Also, Is there an easy way to find out the active runway at my destination airport before I connect to the network?

Yep, if there is a tower cab controller online at your destination, they'll likely be broadcasting an ATIS which you can access by using VATSPY. Just as easy is to join the network and you can type ".atis KABC_ATIS", replacing KABC with the ICAO airport code for your destination. If there is no ATIS available at your destination, you can also use the ".metar KABC" command to pull up the METAR for the airfield.

Remember, though, weather is dynamic and winds have a tendency to change, and consequently so does runway configuration, so while it's good to have a preliminary plan when you launch, you're going to have to be flexible when you actually arrive at your destination.